Stay

She's not a doctor or anything, but disinfecting the cut is something she imagines her parents would do.

Disinfecting a cut is basic first aid and she would feel terrible if his nose ended up getting infected because she was the one who got him into this mess in the first place.

Courtney turns around and grabs a clean cloth from the bathroom. She walks over to the side of Harlow's bed and talks him through what she plans to do.

"Hey, I'm just going to disinfect the cut that's on your nose." She places the towel over the opening of the bottle of alcohol and tips it over until it creates a damp spot.

"Okay, I'm just going to tap it lightly."

He turns his head over to her so she can reach him better. Expectedly, Harlow winces at the pain but thankfully it's over relatively quickly. 

"Alright. I'm done." She says, placing the cloth on the nightstand, "Do you need anything else before I leave?"

A hand reaches out and grabs her thigh.

"Do you have to go?" Harlow whimpers quietly.

She thinks about it for a second and there's nowhere she needs to be urgently. 

"If you want me to stay, I can."

Harlow responds by reaching over and opening up a corner of his comforter for her to crawl into bed with him. He squints his eyes open a little more and sees Courtney trying to gather up the length of her dress in her hands.

"You can wear one of my shirts instead if you want. My closet's over there."

She takes his offer and enters his walk-in closet. She chooses a plain black shirt from a folded pile. Although it drapes down to brush the tops of her knees, Courtney has a hard time imagining this guy can fit into this shirt. It doesn't seem like it would fit his body. Either way, she's grateful to have something softer to wear. 

When Harlow hears approaching footsteps, he re-opens the covers. Courtney climbs in. Heat is radiating from his body and she immediately feels drowsy. She's just drifting off when Harlow's body rustles slightly, he rolls onto his side and drapes an arm over Courtney's waist. After that, the pair doze off peacefully together.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Quinn walks into Harlow's room close to noon the next day.

He sees that Harlow is still sleeping so he approaches quietly. He looks down at his phone to text the other guys to let them know that he's found Harlow. 

It's not until he's stood right next to the bed that he notices the girl laying beside him. Before Quinn has a chance to register what to do, Harlow starts to stir. He groans and then opens his eyes.

"Quinn." He groggles, barely audible.

"Harloww, we've been lookin all over this place for ya bud." Quinn whispers back and then he mouths the words, 'who is that' while pointing at Courtney, still fast asleep beside him.

Harlow shrugs, "I don't know." he whispers back.

It's the truth. He never got her name so he honestly doesn't really know who she is but he wished he phrased that better. He knows that Quinn will take what he said out of context immediately.

"K, well me and the guys are going to hang out downstairs for a bit. We're ordering food, do you want anything?" He knows that Harlow is going to want something. He doesn't know why he even asked that question, "Text me what you want."