Backstory

"It's your job to protect her son. As much as it is mine now." Steve listened intently as his father spoke, looking at the small bundle in his arms. The pink, knitted blanket keeping the tiny person warm. 

"I am your big brother and I will always protect you."

"STEVE! Don't do it! He was just being a little too forward, don't do this. I don't want you hurt!"

Steve faced down the bigger man who had thought it was okay to grab at his sister while they were walking down the street to meet his best friend. He had been glad that he found a friend like Buck who never moaned or griped about having a younger girl in tow everywhere they went. 

As the man grabbed Steve's collar and hit him, he felt his sister rush forward and try to pull the man's arm back. "Stop! He is my brother! Don't hurt him!" Her small hands being ineffective against a grown man's back. "Sally, stop! You can't get hurt, mom would kill me. Besides, I can do this all day."

 "Suddenly the man was ripped away from the pair by a man in uniform. "Scram, pick on someone your own size."

"I had him on the ropes."

"Sure Punk, and your sister was knocking him out. Neither of you should be fighting someone, especially as big as him. What happened to cause it this time?"

Sally ducked behind her brother, she was still a couple inches smaller than his tiny frame, knowing this was her fault. Steve reached behind him for her hand though and pulled her next to him. "The guy was a punk and touched Sally in an ungentlemanly fashion." Before Steve could continue, the taller man looked to the small woman for assurance that she was okay. "I'm fine Buck, really. He didn't do more than pinch but it was unexpected and... Steve jumped into action. Thank you both, my heroes."