16.

Sally and Tony walked into her little apartment so she could get some of her things before showing her to her own room at the Avengers tower. When the door wasn't locked, she tensed slightly but saw Steve's jacket over a chair and realized they must be here. 

"Tony, the boys are here, why don't you go-"

"Not a chance. I heard how they spoke to you and I will not sit silently a second time. Besides, is this even an apartment?"

Sally smacked his chest before rolling her eyes at him. "Be nice!" 

Tony realized that the poor woman must not know what awaited her and smiled at the back of her head as he thought of ways to surprise her. 

"I'm a billionaire, nice isn't in the programming."

They were both chuckling when the two men emerged from the bedroom. Tony sobered immediately and stood straighter. Sally raised a brow and decided to be a little petty. 

"Wow, if my last name was Barnes or Rogers, I'd be worried about how my brother was sleeping with my boyfriend behind my back. Good thing that isn't the- oh wait! It is. Well boys, hope it was worth it."

"Sal."

"Doll, you know it wasn't-"

"You don't have a shirt on Buck. You're in pajama pants which you only throw on when surprised while naked. I am just stating facts boys."

Both froze and looked behind her to see a smirking Tony. He seemed both in his element and out of place in the tiny apartment. 

"I'm just here for some clothes and such then I'll be out of your hair again."

Without another word Sally slipped past the men and into the bedroom, shutting the door behind her. Bucky and Steve watched her disappear behind the door before looking to a rather sincere looking Tony. 

"I am not feeling up to a round two gentlemen. She was hurt last time and as good as she looks in my shirt, I love Pepper. Sally was talking to me about ways to win her back, well earn her back. Your sister is truly the better Rogers, Rogers. She is someone I can't believe was not in my life last week. She just feels, right. Like she was always right there by my side. Though, honestly, had she been, I am fairly certain I would have had my shit together a lot sooner."

Steve glared at him before getting close and Poking Tony in the chest. "She is still my sister Stark, remember that."

"I'm not the one you need to worry about. Apparently it's your bestie that's been corrupting the sweet and innocent little lass."

Bucky opened his mouth for some smartass response when Sally answered instead. 

"Really Junior, I leave for a couple minutes and you've already started verbal sparring with the fossils?"

Both men whipped around at the nickname, Bucky tightened his jaw and shook his head slightly. Steve looked at his sister and glared before asking, "If we are fossils, what does that make you?" Steve broke into a smile as he thought he had her cornered. 

Without missing a beat, she meets her brother's eye and smirks. "One of us has aged old man, the other hasn't. What does a fossil call a younger, livelier version of itself?"

Tony started laughing. "Sweetheart, play nice." 

Bucky was startled by the petname and whirled back around to face Tony with a fierce glare on his face. Sally leaned around Steve and pouted at Tony which made him chuckle again. "When did you get so boring? Howard was so much more fun!"

Both Bucky and Steve made startled noises before Tony stomped over and threw her gently over his shoulder, her hurt side away from his shoulder as he grabbed her dropped bag off the ground with his spare hand and carried her out of the apartment as she laughed breathlessly. 

"Put me down! I am too heavy to do this with."

"Take it back. My father was not more fun than I am. Also, really, Sweetheart? You are lighter than most of my equipment." 

She was still laughing as they disappeared down the hall. Bucky and Steve both stood frozen as they processed what just happened.

"Did that- he just- she-"

"I know buddy, I know. My sister has a lot more sides to her than I know. Apparently more than you know too."

Steve shook his head as he thought about something. "Any chance I can stay here? Tony told me not to come back after everything and with Sally obviously staying with him, maybe we can do the roommate thing? We might need a bigger couch though, I can't sleep on something that small like I used to do growing up." Bucky smiled at the memory before nodding sadly. 

"I don't like their friendship Steve."

"That might be your jealousy talking pal but, for what it is worth, I am not a huge fan either. Mine is definitely jealousy though."

Both walked to the living room and sat in silence as they came to terms with the fact that they had lost Sally for at least a little while.