27.

After sneaking back to her room, Sally set out to get ready for work and try to have a better day. She showered and did her hair into a professional looking bun. Her black knee length pencil skirt went nicely with her cream colored blouse. Pairing it with a pair of cream pumps, she made her way down to the main offices. Pepper was going to be in a little later so Sally took the time to familiarize herself with the space and where things were. Taking care to organize her desk in a way that would be efficient to herself.

Just before Pepper was meant to arrive, Sally got the coffee, meetings, and necessary files in hand and headed to the elevator. It didn't take long for the doors to slide open and reveal a flustered Pepper Potts. 

"Did you know that Tony wants a higher percentage of the company now? I sort of just want to hand it to him and watch him flounder while I get to sip the margaritas for once. It really is too bad that I like the business so much."

Sally laughed politely at her boss before showing her the meetings for the day. Just as they made it into Pepper's office, the phone was already ringing. "Hello, Ms. Potts office."

Pepper watched as Sally's face began to pale a bit. Before she hung up, the new assistant muted the phone and told Pepper about a Phil Coulson who was adamant about being seen in a few minutes and cancelling the rest of the day's meetings. Pepper nodded her approval just as Sally returned to the call and told the lobby to send him up.

Ten minutes later, an average height, middle aged man with a receding hairline and odd personality was walking into the office. "Phil, so good to see you. This is my new assistant, Sally Rogers." 

"Oh gosh Sally Rogers? Captain America's sister?" Sally nodded politely as she realized that no matter what she did in life, she would always be Captain America's little sister. Giving her best fake smile she listened to the man go on and on about her brother. He seemed to be a huge fan. Not that, that was a bad thing but after all of the tension the last couple weeks, all Sally wanted was a break from being Steve Roger's little sister. After a while, even Pepper had had enough. "Was there something you needed Phil?"

"Oh right, yes, sorry. Just is amazing to meet my idol's living relative. It is an honor, truly. Anywho, we can go to the meeting room if you would prefer, however, this is important." 

Pepper and Sally led him to a conference room where Sally held the door for them and asked if she needed to be excused due to her being such a recent hire. Phil waved that off but Sally waited to see what her actual boss wanted her to do. Pepper was proud of Sally for knowing where to truly look. She wasn't one to be deterred by the powerful men. She was able to focus and watch for Pepper's nod. Instead though, Pepper agreed with Agent Coulson. 

"Please come join us, if it is as serious as it sounds, I may be asking you to help assist with security protocols and such." 

Sally nodded and moved to her seat to the right of Pepper, who sat at the head of the table, and across from Phil. 

"Well, Shield has picked up some chatter that we are concerned about. There seems to be a crazy nut who is gunning for you because you are in charge of the company. They appear to have an issue with you being a female in power but there is something else there. We haven't cracked to full code yet. I think it wise to have a body guard or two, maybe even Tony and Steve watch over you." 

Pepper smiled and thanked him for the info but wanted to know what made this nut worse than the 3,000 others who make threats against her daily. Sally stored that info to ask Pepper about at a later time. 

Phil went on to explain that this one had money and had been buying weapons on the black market for a few weeks. Whatever his plan was, it seemed to be escalating quickly.