26.

"WHAT THE FUCK!?!" 

Bucky snapped awake and immediately pulled a gun from the side table next to him. Loki jumped from the bed, conjuring twin blades trying to find the source of danger. Sally leapt into a crouched position on the foot of the bed, her eyes narrowly scanning the entire space to find what had woken her. 

When all three took the in the look of a pissed off Steve, everybody relaxed a little. "What do you want Mr. America?" 

"Do not Mr. America me right now Loki. That is my baby sister that you and Bucky are in bed with. Let me remind you that the team and I kicked your ass before and we can do it again."

"Steve, we both know I wouldn't-"

"Not now Buck. My sister, your girlfriend, is in bed with not just you but the God of Mischief. Nothing you say right now is going to fix it."

"It isn't like that Stevie. Loki didn't do anythi-"

"Shut it Sally. You are going to be staying in my room for the foreseeable future. I will not allow this to happen. Are we clear?"

Tony took in the atmosphere of the room before walking straight up to Sally and grabbing her hand. He drug her out without a word and she was concerned because she was still in her pajamas and they seemed to be heading towards the shared living space. "Tony. T, I am not dressed to be anywhere near anyone. I am also in a really bad- where are you taking me?"

Tony glanced back at her as they walked through the shared living space ind into her personal office space he had cleared out and set up for her. "I know that you will be with Pepper for the most part or possibly in the lab with me and Banner but, this is yours. If you need a moment away or maybe just want to get some extra stuff done. This is here for you. I am also working on getting you your own elevator that goes from here to the lab an back so that when you are hyper-focused on a project or anything like that, you can move freely without dealing with outside influences."

Sally jumped into her best friend's arms. "You are so much like your dad. You both show affection in ways different than the mainstream and always go way too far. Howard may not be the best in your opinion but you and he are a lot alike. I miss him but I am so glad to have you here."

"Speaking of me being here, want to tell me what I walked in on this morning?"

"Shut the door Stark, this could take a while to fully explain."

"I'll get us some food and coffee delivered then."

Sally laughed and proceeded to tell Tony everything, the civility between Loki and Bucky. The way that Loki needed her to be the best friend she was while also trying to compromise with her boyfriend. She told him about her nightmare. When she explained in detail, Tony got angry for her and told her that her job was to go to work and let him manage her boy troubles for the day. Steve and Bucky were on his shitlist and if there was somewhere you didn't want to find yourself, it was your landlord's bad side. 

Sally slipped away when Tony called Loki, Steve and Bucky to the meeting room. He wanted them out of the way so Sally had some peace. 

"You three. How are the three of you still alive? If I had been in Sally's shoes, at least two of you would be dead. Why are you trying to make her life more difficult Steve? Did you even ask her before jumping to conclusions and getting on her case? She is a grown ass adult. It wasn't what you thought but even if it had been, it is none of your business. Bucky, I have my own bone to pick with you but I will wait until these two aren't present. You are in so much shit with me but it isn't current so I am trying to not just blast you with my suit. And you!" Tony turned to face Loki and stepped up to him with a big smile on his face. "You, are free to leave. I just needed another witness in here because I know you know what happened to our girl last night and I wanted to give her some quiet where she didn't have to explain herself to anyone this morning." Loki smiled back at Tony while trying not to kill him for being obnoxious. "I wouldn't do that to her. However, I get where you are coming from Stink." Tony's face fell. "That isn't my name." Loki nodded before leaving the room. 

Steve sat down and faced both of his friends. "What happened to her last night?"

Bucky took a deep breath and sighed as he sat across from Steve. "She had a rough nightmare. I don't know exactly what happened but it really did a number on her. I am surprised you didn't hear her screaming last night." 

Tony nodded his head sadly while Steve looked confused. "Why would I have heard, oh! I, uh, I wasn't in my room last night so I didn't hear her. I checked on her when I got home and found both you and Loki in bed with my sister. I am still not exactly okay with you and her being together. I am definitely not okay with her being with both you and Loki."

"Number one, I thought you went to bed early last night? Two, Loki isn't sleeping with her like that. We all fell asleep after the two of them were gossiping about a girl Loki might be asking out. Three, what do you mean by when you got in? You were out all night but complain if I try to take Sally out anywhere for more than a couple hours."

Tony noticed Steve eyeing the door and could almost feel his need to escape the conversation, but not before Bucky asked who Steve had been with. Then all hell broke loose.

"Sharon."

Tony didn't have a chance to stop the fight and if he was honest, he wasn't sure he would want to. 

"What kind of brother goes out with the woman who caused their sister so much pain? Not to mention the fact that Sharon wants both of us. What do you plan on doing for that? Is there some new thing you are hoping for because my answer is no. I love Sally and if you can't even consider her emotional wellbeing, you have no business being in her life. Tony, we might be leaving this week. Sally and I got offered the chance to work with King T'Challa and his sister on getting my head straightened out.I think this is the best time for us to go." 

Tony had been upset but would wait to hear what Sally wanted to do.

What they hadn't expected was Steve to throw his fist at his best friend's jaw, nor how Bucky would follow the motion with a vibranium arm to Steve's stomach. Before anyone knew what was happening the fight had moved out of the meeting room and into the common area of the floor. Clint was sitting on the couch staring at them. Nat and Sam were sitting with Banner at the breakfast counter. Wanda was sitting with Peter in the corner of the room going over notes for his test and T'Challa looked concerned as the two friends seemed to be trying to actually harm one another. When Loki and Thor stepped into the main area and saw the two super soldiers, they immediately jumped in to separate them. Nobody dared speak a word as both men stormed off in different directions. Steve heading to the gym as Bucky moved towards the bedrooms.

Tony rolled his eyes before sitting and rubbing his face with his hand. "Not sure how much more of the overdramatic bullshit I can take. This is still a building and it can break."