30.

Sally snuck out of the tower and headed to her apartment. It was rented under an alias and had all of her emergency stashes in it. Her go-bag was near her door where it always was. She grabbed everything and put the nonessentials into a box. She mailed it to the tower under her name that way everything would be safe. After that, it was just a matter of using the shadows to her advantage. It wasn't as easy as it once was with all of the cameras and such. Pulling her mask up, she lowered her head slightly and moved at the same pace as those around her. She knew it wouldn't be enough but it should be for the time being. She had purchased several different tickets out of town. Everything was a round trip but had different stops along the way. She needed to get just far enough that none of them could stop her. 

Eventually, she turned down an alley and used her special key to gain entrance to the back of the club. Once inside, she slipped up the stairs and into the back office. After closing the door, her face connected with a closed fist before she was spun and slammed into the wall. She had expected as much, Devlin's anger management issues could make Bruce's seem like a slight hiccup. 

"Where the hell were you? I told you that you needed to lose the boyfriend a month ago."

"I know that. I handled it today. Now, what was it you needed me to handle?"

"I want you to take out the big guy. He is some old fashioned German and I think you might be the only one who could dispose of him. Rumor is that he is even older than you."

"Gee thanks Dev, you really know how to make a girl feel all warm and fuzzy."

"If you want warm and fuzzy, my bed is available. Otherwise, get the fuck out of your feelings and remember that you work for me."

"If he is one of the head honchos, wouldn't it have made sense to let me keep in contact with the Avengers and use them to help take him down?"

Devlin pulled his arm back again and this time landed the blow to her already sore ribs. "Shut up. I don't trust you to not tell them what I was trying to do and double cross me. I want you to stop all contact until this is all over, got me?"

"That is your last freebie for the night Dev. Do not push it. I already told you I walked away from everyone today. Now, you got a name for this big bad?"

Dev smirked and leaned his face close to her ear. Sally had to hold her breath to keep from shuddering in disgust. "Daniel Whitehall. Maybe you know him as Werner Reinhardt? Heard you two had some time together many years ago. Was it as fun as it sounds?"

Sally had to force her panic down. She would not give Devlin that satisfaction. "He was one of those who tortured and experimented on me. So, from his perspective, I am sure it was lots of fun. Not so much from my standpoint. Why do you ask? Want to take your turn being the lab rat on the table Devlin?" Sally smirked as she saw his face drain of color. Instead of responding though, he gripped her chin and kissed her hard enough to give her a fat lip. 

"No hit involved. Although, I can see why that boyfriend of yours tries to keep you close to him. You have an addictive taste."

Sally rolled her eyes and pushed Devlin away from her. "Where will Rei-Whitehall be Dev?"

Devlin explained that she needed to get to Washington D.C. by the end of the following day if she wanted to catch him before he left the east coast again. Without another word, she turned from him and left to go to the country's capitol and end one of the worst monsters any of them had never dealt with. She hoped that Bucky hadn't ever been subjected to Whitehall's experimentation because it was one of the only things that continued to plague her dreams to this day.