8.

It had been some time since she had messed up on the mission but at the same time, she couldn't bring herself to regret what had happened. She couldn't be responsible for killing her brother. Viper had remembered everything within the first two weeks. Now she just had to figure out when to escape. Rumlow and Pierce were both leaving, which almost never happened so she decided to take her chances. She snuck out on one of the trashed motorcycles she always enjoyed fixing up when nobody was around. It was a perfect cover, nobody knew about them and since they were considered scrap, all forms of tracking had either been removed or turned off. Silently packing what few belongings she had, Viper krept from the bunker and was gone before anyone noticed. She had a couple hours headstart when she saw the sky on fire. She had to stop and watch the helicarriers in the distance crashing down. She almost continued but realized people could really need help. ditching the bike on the other side of a ravine, she sprinted towards the crash site. Diving into the water, she began pulling anyone and everyone she found. She was suddenly glad that she had spent the last couple hours circling the ships rather than just running. As she pulled another body to the shore, she saw someone laying a man on the ground. "Soldat!" He paused and turned towards her ready to fight. Instead though, she threw her arms around his shoulders. Looking down at the man beside them, she gasped at the sight of the uniform and his face. Gently dropping down beside him, she brushed the hair from his eyes. Soldat watched her actions with pain in his eyes. He meant a lot to her and that meant she would never be his. She grabbed his vibranium arm and whispered that he was her brother. Soldat's eyes widened as his lips pressed together tightly, he was in love with his best friend's sister. Letting him go momentarily, she told him to duck behind the bushes.  He was too stunned to argue. When the helicopter hovered over them a moment later, he watched Viper stare down three guns and tell them to help Captain America. The one eyed man asked her who she was and her answer surprised all of them. "Family. He can't know that yet though. I have a lot to atone for first."

Standing up, she removed her hood and Soldat wasn't the only one shocked to see her long ponytail of blonde hair and a similar face to that of the unconscious man on the ground. "Keep him safe Fury. I know you don't know me, but trust that I will destroy anyone who harms my brother."

The others were surprised when the man stepped out from behind the bushes to hold the woman's hand. The redhead in the helicopter looked shocked before saying to no one in particular; "Winter Soldier and the Viper." 

She looked to the other man who was picking her brother up. "He can't know I am alive yet. Not until I know who I am first. Hydra and Shield ruined me and I need to see if I am redeemable before allowing my past to tarnish my brother."

The one she called Fury stepped forward, "What happens if we need you before you are ready?"

"I'll send you a postcard once I am secure enough to settle down. There will be a lot of people after us and I don't want to put anyone else in any danger."

They all nodded and went their different directions, Bucky not once letting go of Sally's hand.