Epilogue

"Tell us a Story! Please Mama?" 

Sally shook her head at her two boys. They were barely three but it felt like they had graced the world yesterday. 

"Howard Grant Barnes, you are going to get us all in trouble. Your daddy wanted you asleep an hour ago."

"Please Mama?" 

Sally sighed and resigned herself to the inevitable. Tucking both of the tiny brunettes into bed, she sat in the rocking chair she had placed in the room as soon as it was done, knowing she would use it just like she was now. 

"Okay, but since you are pushing for it, Thomas gets to help choose the topic." 

Thomas was more quiet than his brother. He was staring at the door when Sally gently said his full name to gain his attention. "Thomas Edward Barnes, Sweetheart."

"Yes Mama?" 

"What story do you want to hear about?"

Thomas thought for a moment and smiled widely at his mom. "Your favorite day."

Sally chuckled lightly as shook her head. "My favorite day was the day I finally got to meet you two. Is that the story you want to hear baby?"

"Eww No! What about when you and Daddy told the world you belonged together?" 

Sally watched her son as he blushed and hid his face in his blanket. Laughing slightly, she smiled sincerely at him. "You mean when mama and daddy got married?"

Thomas nodded shyly while Howard groaned but smiled when his mom shot him a look. 

Sally sat back in the chair and thought back to the day that tied her soul to her loving husband. 

"Well you see, it was a fall morning when your Auntie Nat woke me up with Aunt Pepper, Wanda, and Yelena."

~~ FLASHBACK~~

"Wake up sleepy head!" Sally groaned at the sound of her friend's voices. Cracking her lids open, she found an energetic Pepper right in front of her. Jumping up, Sally almost fell off of the other side of the bed. Nat came into her line of sight just as music began to fill the room. The upbeat sounds of Beyonce being enough to remind her that she was getting married today. She quickly slipped into the shower and took her time getting through her hair and body before relaxing in a bath. Once she got out, she found her bridesmaids all in the hotel suite that Pepper had insisted they get so the boys would leave them alone. Wanda and Nat were chatting excitedly while Yelena looked annoyed at being fussed over. Everyone had their hair in different styles that suited them as they wore long, semi-fitted dark blue dresses that had a slit up one side. They were all given a natural look for makeup so that it could be reapplied and touched up easily as needed. Sally had gone with a natural look with a neutral looking smokey eye to accentuate the curve of her eyes. A dusky pink lip stain that would stay all day, without coloring her husband-to-be's lips was a plus. Her dress perfect and still made her tear up as she put it on. It was subtle in it's design, with lace accents and off the shoulder sleeves draping across her arms. Sally's hair was pulled away from her face and left in loose beach waves to bounce down her back. 

Before long, it was time to head down to the wooded garden where the ceremony was to be held. Steve shed a tear at the sight of his sister. His own blue suit matching the bridesmaids. He hugged her gently so as not to mess up either outfit before asking Pepper for her hand. They slowly moved around the corner and off towards what Sally imagined would be the aisle. Next was Tony and Nat. He kissed her cheek gently before nodding at Nat and moving away. Yelena rolled her eyes as Sam stood frozen with his jaw dropped at her. He tore his eyes from the assassin only to settle on the bride where he audibly swallowed. "He better not mess this up. You look incredible Sally." She blushed before shooing them towards the aisle. Wanda came up and hugged her before stepping back and allowing Loki to take her place. No words were needed as the three smiled at each other, then it was time for them to go.