34.

"Where would she go? Where is Sam with the name of the guy she has been working with? What about bringing in Cap and Cyborg? I think now seems like an appropriate time."

"Easy Tony. She just left. I need to give this guy a tranq, then get him to Fury. If we haven't heard from her by then, we bring in the boys. Sound good?" 

"Whatever you say Red. I just don't like any of this. You're awfully quiet birdbrain."

Clint gave Tony a look that simply expressed his boredom. Only Nat saw through it and into the minor panic that was beginning to take root. She would be lying if she said she wasn't worried too. Something felt off but she couldn't feed into it just yet. Sally was an experienced fighter and a survivor through and through. Both assassins saw the fear and worry in the other and tried to reassure the other. 

When they arrived at the tower, there was a different feel to the place. Steve and Wanda were going over old files while Sam and Bucky were looking at a map on the screens that Bruce was inputting info on. Fury was standing near by, watching everyone as they worked. When he saw the three Avengers with an unconscious stranger with them, he raised an eyebrow. 

"This is one of the big bad guys that Sally has been tracking. Uh, they aren't supposed to be near him though." Tony pointed at the pair of super soldiers. 

Sam crossed his arms and studied the stranger. His eyes grew wide as he tried not to focus on his two best friends. "This is about to get awkward."

Steve and Bucky approached and froze when they saw the familiar face of a long lost enemy. 

"Werner Reinhardt." 

Everyone looked at Steve. "He was still free when I put the plane in the water. I read some old files about how Peggy took him down. If she did that though, how is he here now, looking exactly the same as he did back then?"

His eyes met Bucky's and he froze when he saw the hard glint and cold distance within them. 

"Oh, and apparently he has some variation of the serum running through his veins. So maybe we should get him put somewhere before he wakes up again?" Nat was starting to see the man's fingers twitching and was starting to worry.

Fury had them put him in Hulk's personal cell. Banner was concerned and moved himself to one of his safehouses with a promise to help when they needed him. He just wanted to ensure everyone else's safety while his cell was in use. 

"Maybe I might need to make a few more of these with the amount of super soldiers and enhanced people we are coming across now, I hate to chase Banner off every time we have a new bad guy." 

"Get on that then Stark." Fury nodded at Tony as he finished the statement while Bruce smiled slightly.  

As soon as the guy was locked into the cell, Pepper called Tony into the office. They decided that Steve should go with him just in case it was new info on his sister. Bucky was watching the cell with a frustrated look on his face. Nat stepped up to ask him about it but he shrugged her off, it was obvious that he didn't want to talk to her about it. She stepped back to talk with Wanda and Clint about some of the other stuff that they had been looking into. Sam took over her spot almost immediately. 

"There is something bothering you Bucky, we all see it. What is it?"

"I think I know him but he drew attention after I fell from the train. I want to know who he is and why I know his face Sam. He is part of Sally and my past and I want to know how much of it. I am also afraid of his answers because if he hurt her Sam, if he did anything to her, I may not be able to stop myself from hurting him, possibly killing him. I am wondering if I can be here while knowing I can't be anywhere but here. I need to know where she is and that she is safe. I have to."