41.

Wanda and Steve looked at one another, unsure of how to respond to Sally's wish. It was Yelena who stepped up and hugged the tiny super soldier. "Peace is what you make it. You have spent so much time alone, why not embrace those who care about you?"

"Because something always happens and then I am alone again. Yelena, you blamed me for leaving you when I got orders to stay away from you and Nat. Soldat got the same orders. Hydra and the Red Room felt that we were teaching you to be too reliant on our support. You needed to be alone. I still snuck that number into your uniform and Nat's too. Soldat didn't know until someone told him about it."

Yelena looked away in guilt. "I wanted him to be around too. You two were like family to us and then you were gone. You had sent a way to reach you. I just wanted the same for him." 

Sally nodded and then met Yelena's eyes. "I don't want to burden you with the gift of too much knowledge. You need to leave before I lose control over this emptiness. If I do that, I am afraid you will see more than you want to." 

Steve finally spoke up. "You mean like you being tortured? Or when you woke up in a different place often? How about watching Peggy shave your head? I mean, we have already seen a lot. I don't think there is much else you could try and intimidate or upset us with."

Wanda grabbed his arm and pulled him back next to her. "Steve, you are going too far. She is still your sister."

Sally smirked as she considered Steve's words. "I could show you all the loves I've taken. Maybe, show you the consequences I faced after Yelena informed the Winter Soldier that Viper had disobeyed orders. Oh! Maybe I can show you the first time I saw the Winter soldier fuck someone. How about when I lost my virginity? One of the many times that Sam and I fucked so that the relationship was believable. You tell me Steve, since none of it intimidates or upsets you, where should we start?"

Instead of Steve responding, Yelena answered. "I want to know what your punishment was, please." 

Sally's face softened as she turned back to the Widow. "No, I am angry at not being left alone. The whole point of me being in here was to cause less harm. That would only serve to hurt you, Yelena. I am not willing to do that."

Wanda stepped forward and spoke up. "You are losing control anyway. We may see all of that one way or another. Maybe if you lead us through the memories, something will show you that it is worth joining us out there again?"

Sally smiled sadly. "They were going to record Ultron impregnating me. I didn't even know kids were an option for me still. The fact that some of the shots they gave me while I was held by him got my cycle started again is terrifying. What if I am a bad parent. I know there are precautions now but it is still scary to consider. I have to figure out a lot first and I am scared."

Wanda gasped while Steve made a strangled noise. Yelena looked amazed at Sally. "You would be an excellent mother. You care for kids in ways I have never seen. I saw you helping get kids out of the Red Room while you trained Natasha and I. I used to hate it but, then I realized something. The girls you helped, they still had a chance. They weren't completely brainwashed nor were they excelling. They would have been the ones that died. You did that. You gave them life. I was going to die. I was never as good as Natasha. She was graceful and elegant while I was brunt and chaotic. You helped me be the best version of me. You made me realize I was not her and I was not going to be. Yeah, I became the best killer but I think you could turn anyone into the best of themselves."

Sally swallowed hard and made fists as she fought her emotions. Wanda and Yelena moved closer to her, but something changed as soon as they touched her. All three women let out a small yelp as the room suddenly changed to a memory.