33.

Waking up in a strange place was nothing new but still made Sally uneasy every time. She sat up, only to realize it didn't hurt. She found herself facing an entire wall of mirrors. Feeling there was someone standing behind it, watching her, she waved her fingers in a sarcastic manner. She wasn't about to let them think they pulled a fast one and got away with it. She went over the last memories she had. She shouldn't have fallen into a false sense of security in the apartment. She got shot because of her ego. Had Dr. Cho really saved her? That seemed impossible due to the death she suffered at the hands of Ultron. Yet, she had been alive to help Sally. What was going on? Was the conspiracy worse than she had thought? Was Ultron still alive and pulling the strings? He had always been fond of Pinocchio so it was a possibility. Pinocchio had a knack for almost dying too. Almost as good as Loki. Sally's heart sank as she thought about Loki. He was beginning his life in Asgard. Asgard would be in good hands with either Loki or Thor on the throne. Part of her hoped it would be Loki though, just to spite the old man. 

Turning her eyes back to the mirror with her smirk still in place. "Going to come say hello or just continue to be a peeping Tom?"

Raising her eyebrow, she nodded at the mirror. "Good on you for sticking to your kinks. Honestly, I just want to know what you want from me so that we can move on from there. I am going to say no. You're going to resort to causing pain. I am going to continue to be stubborn. Who knows? Maybe I'll even die. Could be a fun trip at this point."

Looking down, Sally noticed her lack of clothing. The only thing she still had on was thong from the night of the gala. Pulling the blanket around her a little tighter, she felt the nerves and discomfort she felt to bubble up inside her for a moment before pushing them down and remembering that the whole point of making her sit and wait was to show who had the power and to prey upon her emotions. 

Standing up, she let the blanket fall. She moved around the room to see if there was anything new or hidden within it. She made sure to move casually. Not giving the creeper standing behind the mirror any ammo to think she was as freaked out as she was. The last time something like this happened, the King of Asgard decided that she could be of use after he had mistakenly had his gatekeeper pick her up along with his warrior. However, they had at least dressed her in a robe of sorts. This was a new level of creepy, even from her life. 

The door suddenly opened to reveal Devlin with none other than Yelena. After Yelena had a chance to process that it was Viper standing in front of her, she took in her appearance. 

"What the hell is she wearing? Why were no clothes offered to her? Devlin, if he finds out that you left her in here like this with the hall being right there-" She waved her hand towards the mirror. "He might actually kill you and I wouldn't blame or stop him."

"Lena? You're alive, and here!" Sally was genuinely happy to see the young woman. However, she could tell it was one sided so she didn't move from her place in the room.

"You mean alive after you abandoned me in that place? Then my sister goes and does the same thing. I have no room in my heart or life for the likes of the two of you."

Sally nodded and let her head fall. She wouldn't try to change Yelena's opinion when it was from her perspective. Maybe some day she would talk to her about it but not today. 

"Who is it you two are working for?"

"You will see in a bit. For now, let's find you some clothes and get ready for some food. You must be hungry by now, right?"

Sally nodded at Devlin but didn't dare expand on it. She needed to start focusing on obtaining info and an escape. If Yelena was here it wouldn't be easy. She had trained her in what to look for. Time would only tell how well she had done so.

Two more men walked in with clothes. One looked oddly familiar, but from where, she wasn't sure. He was roughly in his forties and had a rugged look to him. His thick accent messed with her too. Suddenly it struck her, he used to be a huge reporter, he had his own show and everything. What the hell was a shamed news journalist doing in a place like this of all things. He was still staring which made Sally tilt her head quizzically. "You need something handsome?"

The man dropped the clothes in his hands and stuttered an apology before stepping backwards in an attempt to leave the room. When he turned, he ran face first into the wall next to the doorframe. "Ow. No, I didn't. She isn't. Don't start."

"Are you okay man? I mean really, something seems off." Yelena took notice too.

"Oh relax ladies. Naked women aren't a common sight around here for the low level grunts. Let the man enjoy a good ogling. It will probably be the last one for a long while. I mean, had I known you looked this good Viper, I would have employed you as a dancer at the club when you weren't completing missions for us. I mean, we could have made some decent money had I not been so focused on your other assets. Missed opportunity on my part." 

Both women scoffed at Devlin while the two other men scurried from the room. Sally quickly dressed in the sweat pants and tee before turning back around to face the pair still standing before her. 

"You both mentioned something about food?"

Yelena laughed and led Sally from the cell. "I am making macaroni and cheese soon. I thought you might like some. I might even have some extra hot sauce for it if you want some on yours. I just love hot sauce so much."

Sally found herself laughing more than she had in a while as she watched Yelena's excitement over something as simple as mac n' cheese and hot sauce. Devlin followed them out. His lips almost twitching into a smile as the two women continued on towards the cafeteria kitchen. 

Devlin snuck up behind them and grabbed Yelena's hand, his other arm wrapping around Sally's waist. Yelena locked eyes with Sally and both shook their heads with an eyeroll to match. The trio continued to the kitchen and sat at the prep-table while Yelena made food for them. Sally knew that she should be trying to escape but she wanted to know where she was and why before leaving. Hopefully, Yelena would join her when she left. She knew from the brief exchanges with Nat, that she missed her sister. 

Sally wondered if her brother even missed her anymore. She knew that Sam and Bucky would look for her but she had hurt so many of them or at least been the cause of their pain. She wondered if any of them cared that she gone now.