ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

Selena's POV

Life without Justin.

Life without Justin was good.

After my little almost kiss with Justin — I mean Ace, I didn't really think about Justin as much. I mean it has been three weeks, I can't dwell over it and plus Prom was today. TODAY. Seems like it went by so fucking quick. I wasn't sure who I was gonna take, Ryan saw me and Ace kiss, and he most likely told Justin. But either way I didn't want to go with Ace, Mabye as a friend but not anything more than that. It was too soon for us too be dating.

So my life was good. I had a breakup. But I wasn't gonna die over it, I wasn't gonna go crazy over it. I was just gonna move on from him and get on with my life.

Plus my college admissions are gonna be coming up soon. And going too the best college,would be the best accomplishment I would ever have since my break up with Justin. And, plus now that I wasn't with him I feel like I wasn't holding anything back. When we were together, I was always thinking of my future and how if he had made no plans to go too college, what would happen to a relationship —  But well, now there's no relationship, so really there's nothing holding me back. so maybe he was the one that was holding me back all this time, but now I'm a free independent woman to do what the hell I want. 

Okay so Mabye I did think of Justin a little.

Truth be told,

I missed him.

A lot.

It was hard not too. I felt like he was everywhere and i couldn't escape him. But some how I had too. Some how I need too try and get Justin out of my head and move on. Mabye filling my thoughts with another person? But that would be too messy and weird.

I rubbed my head, letting my thoughts float away "Mabye this dress will do" Ashely said next too me, holding out a long dress. We were looking for prom dresses too wear.

"This one will look good on you!" I pointed at a yellow dress that could match Ashely perfectly. She got the dress and took it too a room to try it on. While I looked around for more dresses.

"I think this would look good on you" Ace jumped out of nowhere and handed me a red dress. The dress showed a lot of skin, no wonder he thought it would look good on me. I laughed a little and took the dress, kissing his cheek.

"I thought we weren't meeting up till later?" I asked him, walking towards too next aisle.

He followed me, "I was bored of waiting" He shrugged, putting his hands in his pockets.

"So who you meeting with for prom?" Ace said, looking at some dresses.

Knowing by his voice, I could tell he wanted me too say him. But I wasn't sure. I didn't want too lead him on, but I didn't want to not go without someone for prom. As long as we could just go as just friends.

"I mean, you and I.." I mumbled, looking at him, "I don't want to date Ace, but i do want a company. As a friend" I spoke up.

Ace looked at me, smiling as Ashely walked in holding some bags.

"Oh hey love birds, I didn't know Ace was coming" She winked at me, and hugged Ace.

Later that day, I found myself in my room, doing my English Homework that was late overdue. I ate my skittles, and listenineed too 'The Weeknd'  by SZA, writing about how Shakespeare was once again the most creative writer of the the last, last, last generation. I wasn't really sure, what I was writing — kind of just rambled on, on my paper. But whatever I wrote on my paper, I knew I was gonna get a good grade regardless. That's how whatever happened in my life I was gonna get into a good college, that was my life goal.