1.20 - Harley Quinn

chapter twenty
Harley Quinn

I walk down one of the streets of Star City, my eyes looking out and my right hand clutching a retractable metal pole

"Where are you?" I question the empty road. They found me once I'm sure they can find me again. I continue to walk down the pathway.

"Onyx." I hear a familiar voice state. I turn around in a fight position. I sigh shaking my head.

"I see he sent you out to do his dirty works."

"I don't mind workin for Mr J." Harley Quinn responds walking over to me. I smile.

"I know." I lower my weapon before walking over to her. "How have you been?"

"Good." I stand in front of her as she looks at me. When working with Batman, I was often taken by the Joker to use as revenge against my father or i was offered as live bate to find out information from inside the Jokers lair. Harley was there majority of the time and after a while we became a sort of unlikely friends. What can i say the psychopath kinda grows on you. "I'm gonna have to take you in." I sigh.

"I know." I state stepping back. I extend my weapon before getting into a stance position. She smiles at me before rushing towards me. I begin to duck and swerve out of her way before getting a punch in. She does the same and we continue our dance to win. I pause standing up from the ground to look up into the sky. A news helicopter. "Shit." I mumble. Now Oliver will know. While distracted Harley kicks me backwards causing me to fall back. I look up at her as she walks over. "That's not fair! I was distracted." I whine playfully. She laughs. before attempting to stomp on me, I roll out of the way. We were being to draw a crowd. All of a sudden a green arrow shoots through the air and into Harley's leg. She falls back as i look up to see a figure swing through the air coming straight towards me. Oliver. He grabs me around the waist before we swing into the sky, his arrow attached to a rope. We land on the top of a building before he lets go of me. I look down to the ground to see Harley gone.

"What did I just say to you before? Back in your apartment!" I look at him as he angrily tells me off. he pulls his hood off before looking at me. His lungs taking big breaths in.

"I'm not a rule follower." I state. "I thought you would know that by now." Siren wale down on the street as Oliver looks down.

"Come on." He states shooting another arrow. He grabs me around my waist before swinging off the roof.