1.4 - a date?

chapter four
a date?

I look at myself in the mirror for the 100th time

"I don't like it." Grayson states leaning back into my armchair.

"Seriously." I roll my eyes before taking off the maxi dress. He throws me a red dress instead for me to try on.

"This isn't a date." I state catching the dress, "I don't know why I can't just wear my jeans."

"This is a date and I will not let you ruin this." He gives me a pointed look. I sigh before putting the dress on. It was a red silk dress, tight up the top and loose down the bottom with a black thin belt.

"Ok stop!" I freeze.

"That's it that's the one! Pair it with your back boots and your black chocker and you've got the perfect outfit." He smiles at me pleased with his work.

"Don't you think it's a bit formal?" I grab my boots and put them on.

"Nope." He replies, "What's the time?"

"5:30." I state brushing my hair before dropping the brush, "5:30!"

"Damn girl cutting it fine." I run around my apartment grabbing everything I would need.

"Don't forget this." He states holding up a piece of paper. My questions.

"Thank you." I state grabbing the paper out of his hand. I hug him before walking out of my apartment. My place isn't that far so I decided to walk. I got to the building with 10 minutes to spare. I walk up the steps and to the door, however, I wait outside. I look out across road the watching the night time life go by.

<>

I look down at my phone. 30 minutes. He's not gonna come. Why are you upset? This wasn't even a date! I walk down the steps and turn towards the path to my apartment building. You an idiot to think the playboy millionaire would want to spend time with a girl like you. A girl from Gotham. I hear and thud behind me before footsteps. I quickly turn around and attack the person behind me. I quickly knock the person down and trap them, my arm around their neck. I finally notice who it was. The green arrow. I quickly let go.

"I'm sorry." I take a step back as he stands up.

"Adalyn." His voice sounded familiar.

"How do you know my name?" Without a verbal response, he takes off his hood and reveals his identity.