21 George

I sat in my bed staring at the wall. I was completely lost in thought. I missed my son. I was so worried when I saw him in the bathroom unconscious. But now he's just.... missing. I hate this. Even though I only have 4 more days in the institution I was still sick of being here. It's sweaty and unsettling. I needed to meet new people. Y know what, that's what I'm gonna do tomorrow.

--------

I woke up and grabbed my clean clothes from the table the nurse put them on after telling me she washed my 'daily clothes'. I didn't bother brushing my hair or smooth it out even the slightest. I looked like I hadn't slept in months. I feel like I haven't. Ugh put it aside George!! We need to meet at least one new person today other than nurses and make a friend for while I'm in here. I walked out into the main room and saw 3 people. I walked over to a man around my age building a puzzle. I sat in a chair next to his table. He turned to look at me and smiled. "Hi there! I'm Karl, and you are?" He said very cheerfully. I looked down to see what the puzzle was but got distracted by some sweets by his arm. I looked back up at him. "I'm George." I told him. "That's a nice name. Do you wanna help me build this puzzle?" He asked me. I said sure and scooted closer to his table and saw what the puzzle was. It was a blue portal built into a big tree. It was really cool looking honestly. At the end of the day I had a new friend. I went to sleep at a decent time (I could never) and slept good for the first time in a very long time.

Yay KaRl!! I wrote a big of this first on my computer, that deleted, then I wrote this chapter again on here, but that deleted too and this is the final one. Goodnight. Edit: I just woke up and was coming to update and saw it was 21/23 published. I found my other drafts 🥲👌