5 AM| Part 4

"MOMMY!" Rosalia knocked on Cesar's door

"MOMMY!" Rosalia knocked on Cesar's door. Cesar looked up at me slowly bringing his head from in between my legs, removing his fingers from inside of me. "One second, baby!" I jolted up looking for my underwear. "Oh god," I pulled on my shirt then my sweatpants.

I opened the door, "yes, rosa?". "I can't sleep," she rubbed her eyes. "Your night light went out again?" I asked leaning down to wipe her teary eyes with my thumbs. "No... I had a bad dream about the guy with the gun... I don't feel good," she looked down at her feet.

"Aww, Mami it's okay," I picked her up and she laid her head on my shoulder, wrapping her arms around my neck. "He's gone now... forever," I kissed the side of her head. "Are you sure?" I felt her playing with one of my curls.

"I'm so sure. Now let's take your temperature, you're burning up," I twisted my lip as I walked down to the bathroom. I set her on the counter grabbing the thermometer out of the cabinet. "Open your mouth," I told her as I cleansed the thermometer before putting it in her mouth.

I kept it in her mouth until it beeped. "99.2..." I sighed. "Am I sick?" she looked up at me. "Yeah... maybe it's just a cold, but you need your medicine, kay?" I gave her half a smile. "Okay," she reached for me to pick her up.

"That means you have to rest if you wanna feel better," I picked her up. "I'll order you some soup," I walked into Cesar's bedroom. "Papi, I'm sick," she whined releasing a tiny cough. "Mama and I will take care of you, Princesa," he got up to kiss her.

"She has a temperature of 99.2," I sighed grabbing my phone off my side of the bed. "Maybe it's just a cold," he shrugged laying back on the bed. "I'm gonna call her doctor to see if she can go in today," I walked out of the room closing the door behind me.

"Do I have to go to the doctor's?" She asked in a scratchy voice. I walked into the kitchen, "yeah, if you wanna feel better". I grabbed her phone off the top of the fridge. "I thought you said I needed medicine to feel better," she grumbled.

I sat down at the table, "sometimes our medicine doesn't work and we need to ask the doctor to give us special medicine". I rested my chin on top of her head. "Do I have to get another shot?" She asked. I handed her phone to her, "no". I giggled.

I would hope not.

-

"It's not that hard to lift a box, Cesar," I sucked my teeth. he rolled his eyes, "who's idea was it to pack a million things in here?". "Gimme the damn box!" I snatched the box from him and put it inside the moving truck. "That wasn't so hard now was it?" I giggled coming out of the truck.

"It was so hard," he pulled me in by my waist. "You're just lazy that's all," I pecked him on the lips. "Only for you," he smirked pulling me in for a kiss. I heard Oscar chuckle, "aren't you guys supposed to be moving not making out?".