💋CHAPTER 7💋

The following day I march into the laundry shop with a Tote bag on my shoulders. Charvelle stands with her arms crossed awaiting my arrival as Giselle works at the back.

"You're back," I say as if I wasn't aware she would be in today.

"You're late, this is 9am". She looks at her wrist watch.

I came in late deliberately because I knew I'd be resigning anyway.

She goes on, "you're supposed to be here by 7am but nevermind, you won't have to worry about that anymore because I'm firing you".

Okay, that just made things easier.

"Oh... Why?" I ask. Giselle transfers linen to the table acting as though she isn't watching the whole thing transpire.

"Customers called and told me that there's poor customer service 'cause the shop was closed at the time when they were supposed to collect their items and guess who was attending to them, you," Charvelle seethes.

My mouth opens a fraction wide but i immediately close it when i realize I won't need this job anymore. I look over at Giselle who is bug eyed. This is her fault. If she didn't tell me to abscond work that day then this wouldn't have happened. No, actually it's a good thing, because then if that wasn't the case, I wouldn't have met him.

"No need to fire me 'cause I was planning on resigning. I found a new job," I grin like a Cheshire cat. The look on Chervelle's face is priceless.

"So you planned this all along, to sabotage my business before you leave," Charvelle seethes.

I've never really liked Charvelle. Me and Giselle are her only employees. There's so much to do around here but she never hired more employees which made us overwork for a tiny wage. No leave days or workers compensation when injured on the job. I think it's time I put her in her place.

"You're bringing down your own business Charvelle. Also, your husband texts me every night. I suggest you begin taking vagina tightening pills 'cause he claims your hole is huge and you don't satisfy him," I expose before I leave.

I hear Giselle chuckle in the background as I walk out. Actually, I lied. Her husband doesn't text me at all. Whose husband would want to cheat on their wife with my fat ass?
______________________________
I spent 2 weeks of working at the baseball centre watching him every Saturday. Well, so now I know that baseball is his favorite sport and hobby. He usually sits with other affluent gentlemen and watch the players play. The bartender, ivy was right. It's rare for him to play.

Wealthy individuals have a membership at the center whereas ordinary people who want to attend would have to pay a hefty price.

Well, it's now a Sunday morning and I'm on my way to his house. Stalking him has become my favorite past time. I want to know every single thing about him. What does he do on Sundays? I came here as early as 7am. I don't mind if I have to wait out here for the whole day until he finally comes out.

I hide behind a wall this time and espy him jogging in a blue tracksuit. I peep but he senses something because he comes to a halt. He looks around before he continues jogging, turning around a corner.

I come out from where Im hiding and jog in his direction. Before I could make a turn where he had earlier turned at, he pops out and grabs my wrist.

Oh my God, he was waiting for me.

"Who the fuck are you and why do you keep following me!? I see you everywhere," he yells.

Ooh, so he noticed me.

"You came to my house, I see you at the baseball center and now you're here. That's not a coincidence. Who sent you? Are you an espionage agent sent by a secret organization? You better start speaking bitch before I call the cops". He takes out his phone from his pocket.

His hand grips my wrist tightly and even though it hurts, I kind of like our close proximity.

"No. I'll explain. I'm not an espionage agent or anything like that. I just follow you because I like you," I confess.

His grip on my wrist loosens.

"If this is some little girl crush, I am not interested". He let's go of my wrist before he proceeds, "this should be the last time I fucking see you or else I'll call the cops".

He walks away and I'm left standing there, heartbroken. A tear rolls down my cheek before I fully break down. I could hear the pain in my voice as I cry.