💋CHAPTER 50💋

Gerald Anders' POV

I arrive back home in the afternoon after spending the day preparing for my sons bachelor's party tonight. As I stalk towards my office room, I am instantly alarmed when I'm met with Callan.

"Son, what are you doing here?" I question.

"I came here to collect some documents," he responds.

Nodding in uncertainty, I think to myself did he get ahold of the papers I left in my office?

After he walks past me, I quickly head into my office and find a srunched up paper on my floor.

God dammit.

Why didn't he ask me about it? Is he angry? I turn back to look at the open door in confusion.

In the evening, Callan's bachelor party commenced. Fortunately, what I was afraid of did not happen. I thought he would immediately call off the wedding. To my surprise, he was actually present for his bachelor party which to me, meant he was still going through with his wedding tomorrow.

My heart relaxed and I was very much looking forward to the next big day.
_______________________________
*The next day*

Honourable guests all dressed to impress, make their way into the venue. The bride wanted a huge wedding so 600 people including her celebrity friends were invited to witness the couple tie the knot. Abundant security was hired to ensure protection of the prominent guests in attendance let alone hinder paparazzi and gate crushers from having access.

Mr Levine invested $50M to make his daughters wedding as extravagant as it is.

Clad in a luxurious attire, I stand by Mr Levine as we converse.

"I am happy that both of our children are finally tying the knot. I couldn't sleep last night knowing my girl is finally getting married," Mr Levine says to me with the biggest smile.

"Yes yes. I'm glad, our children have come together. This strengthens our family bond," I add.

"We are now family," he says.

I'm glad Callan is finally settling. I never thought he would. I am happy to say I'm proud of him for making me a happy father.

All those emotions come crashing down later. The wedding should have began 10 minutes ago. What's happening? I keep on checking my wrist watch.

20 minutes later, Callan and his best men still aren't here at the alter. Mr Levine is growing impatient.

An hour later, guests begin to murmer.

"What is going on?" Mr Levine questions in frustration.

"It's fine. It's absolutely fine. They are probably still preparing the groom. I'll go check," I say before marching from the wedding hall and into the groom's suite.

A pang of dread hits me.

I hope Callan did not do what I think he did.

Andreas Bocelli's POV

Crumbles fall down from my mouth as I chomp on a fruit tart at the buffet table in the grooming suite.

Someone's sharp slap on my back makes me jerk before I choke.

"Save your appetite for later fat idiot," a feminine voice I'm very much familiar with scolds.

I turn around with the Tart still in my hand and come face to face with my beloved girlfriend, Olivia. Doesn't she just sound lovely?

"Aww, aren't you just romantic?" I sarcastically jest with a mouth full of food.

She slightly slaps my cheek causing crumbs from my mouth to fall out.

"Now, you're messing your suit. You can't stay clean for at least one minute". She pats the crumbs away from my cream 3 piece suit before fixing my tie. "I refuse to be seen with a bedraggled date".

I chew my food slowly as I smirk.

"And what are you doing here in the grooms room? Aren't you supposed to be with the bride," I question.

"I came here to make sure you're not messing yourself up. And I should be asking you a similar question. Why are you here snacking on food like a hungry dog when you should be preparing the groom huh?" She questions.

"Callan needed a rest room break"- I stretch my arm to pick up another dessert but she promptly slaps it away from my hand- "So I decided to spend it here at the buffet but my beloved girlfriend is objecting".

"Instead of being focused so much on food, you should have thought about putting a ring on my finger. How many weddings of our friends have we attended? We're literally the only unmarried couple in the friend group," she says.

I eye her knowing damn well I am planning on asking for her hand in marriage at the wedding reception.

"You look stunning in your dress sweetheart," I compliment as I tuck a strand of her dark hair behind her ear.

"Oh, don't try to change the subject you!" She scolds. "Oh, how lovely Valencia looks in her wedding dress. I want to wear something similar on my big day," she says in awe.

Nolen dressed in a suit similar to mine comes forward. "Have you seen Callan? The wedding is beginning in 5 minutes. We need to get in position," he says.

Is he still in the restroom? He must be experiencing heavy diarrhoea if he has to spend 20 minutes of his time in there.

"He left for the bathroom," I tell him. "I'll go fetch him". I dust my hands.

I stride through the hallway before making a turn into the private restroom.

I knock on the door but no answer.

"Callan. I know your asshole is acting up at the moment but you would have to hurry up. The wedding is starting in a few minutes," I say.

No response.

"Silent treatment? I will have to come in. Don't say I didn't warn you," I warn as I imagine walking into Callan sitted on the toilet.

Still, no response.

Pushing the door open, I catch sight of nobody.

Where the fuck could he have gone?

Nolen and the other three best men advance towards me.

"Where's he?" They ask.

"He isn't here," I state.

"Well, it's only 2 minutes to go!" They enlighten.

"Fuck. Search the 3rd floor and ground floor parking area," I instruct before they quickly disperse in different directions in search of the groom.

Walking at a quick pace, I head towards the bridal suite with the hope that he might be there. Unfortunately, when I get there, I do not spot him.

The bride and her bridesmaid stare back at me in confusion.

"Is everything alright?" They ask.

"Absolutely. Just wanted to make sure you all are ready," I lie not wanting to alarm the situation.

Fuck. Callan, where are you?

I use the elevator down so I could search for Callan outside the back area. The entire lawn is filled with freshly cut green grass and a beautiful view of the lake side.

I slit my eyes from the bright sun as I look around for Callan but to no avail do I find him. Finally, I pull out my phone and call his number.

It rings and rings.

"Answer the phone Callan. Answer the goddamn phone" I say to myself.