💋CHAPTER 53💋

Later, the graduation ceremony begins. Names are called out and eventually Cara and I receive our certificate of completion as the crowd cheers.

Later in the evening, the after graduation party commences. There are over 300 people present. Everybody is dressed to impress as well as I. Cara still couldn't figure out wat to wear so I had left her in the dorm room to prepare herself for this evening.

My parents thought Florida is a beautiful city so Bella took it upon herself to show them around the city. Wherever they are at the moment, I bet they are having fun.

As I indulge on a glass of champagne, I dance to the music playing with my fellow graduates. The stars in the night sky twinkle above. It's a very beautiful evening.

I espy Cara advancing towards me through crowds of people.

"Finally, what took you so long?" I question Cara before my breath is caught.

I espy someone familiar walking close behind her. Giselle? Am I seeing things? This champagne must be really strong.

Cara is clearly confused as to why I'm standing frozen.

Giselle comes forward and awkwardly says, "hi".

"You came.." I say.

"Yea, why would I miss my best friend's huge day?" She ask's with a smile on her face.

Bestfriend?

I remember our last interaction. We decided to cut off our ties on that very day. I never spoke to her ever since. We spent 3 years without being in contact.

"I thought I would never see you again," I say as a tear cascades down my cheeks.

She walks towards me and hugs me tightly.

"I'm sorry Kashmere," Giselle apologizes with a wavery tone. "I'm sorry for what I said"..

"No no. It's okay". I comb through her hair as she's still latched onto me. "Bestfriends fight. It was stupid of us to break apart over such a trivial issue".

Whatever happened in the past, I'm willing to put it behind us. There's no point in holding grudges. We are sisters.

"So, you're not mad at me?" She questions.

"Absolutely not. If anything I missed you. I wanted to reconnect with you. I mean, seeing you here with me is unbelievable. I can't believe you're really here," I respond.

"Same, Kash. I missed you so much". She hugs me again before pulling away.

A smirk appears on her face and that's how I know she's about to say something crazy.

"Bitch, I have a lot to tell you," she says and we both chuckle.

Our chuckles die down when we hear a screeching sound from a microphone. The music suddenly stops playing. What's going on? We look around as people murmer in displeasure.

"First I'd like to congratulate y'all on this wonderful evening," someone's voice sounds through the microphone.

For one moment, I thought the voice sounded familiar. I am not able to see the person speaking through the crowd.

I clap my hands and cheer with the rest of the crowd.

"This is a special moment because I get to address somebody special amongst y'all," the man say's and I "woohoo".

The person continues to speak through the microphone. How lovely he speaks of this mysterious person. I continue listening in awe.

As the man continues speaking, my smile fades slowly. It takes me a few seconds to realize that the person speaking is Callan.

Christ, am I hearing things now?

I look at Giselle and she gives me a small smile.

What is he doing here? Isn't he supposed to be getting married to Valencia?

"I know people would ask me 'why are you so hooked onto this girl'. The truth is, they can't see what I see. I see a beautiful girl, who is true to herself, something we don't see in anyone these days. I am very lucky to have known her. I wish I had realized this earlier enough. I regret ever spurning her".

Is he talking about me? I begin to breathe heavily in disbelief as my eyes well up.

"The people we are destined to be with for the rest of our lives are always standing right in front of us but we are too blind to notice it. There's a saying 'you don't know what you've got until it's gone' and that's exactly what happened when she left. An empty hole was left in my heart, one which she had filled when she was in my life. I was stupid to think I would be able to replace her but when it all comes down to it, there's only one person that can fill that void and that is you, Kashmere. I took you for granted. There are no words that can describe how sorry I am".

When he mentions my name, my thoughts have been confirmed. Tears drop from my eyes as I continue listening.

"Kashmere, if you could find it in your heart to forgive me.. To give me another chance to show you that I can give you the love that you deserved in the first place, I would appreciate it more than anything on this earth," he apologizes.

I have to meet him.

I begin pushing through the crowd, eager to get to him. Finally, I meet him.

Callan.

He looks so much older now. So much muscular and taller with a stubbled jaw.

He stares back at me with the same smile I fell in love with when I first saw him.

I rush towards him and hug him around his waist. He tenses up but it takes him a while to embrace me back.

We embrace each other without saying a word. At the moment, it's just us and nobody else.

"I'm sorry Kashmere," he apologizes once again.

"I forgive you Callan," I respond.

"Really? Even after everything I did?" He questions.

I caress his back as I'm still held in his embrace. I yearned to be this close to him. I miss every single inch of him. I hold him tightly and take him all in just in case he disappears.. Just incase this is all a dream.

"I don't care about anything that happened in the past. You owned up to it and I believe you Callan," I respond. "Just promise me you'll never leave me".

"I promise. We can't rewrite our chapters but we can write our future. What do you say?" He questions.

"I'm thankful that you love every inch of me. I have many flaws and yet you overlook them. Something nobody has done. You've lit my world up. I'm proud to say, I believe in love. I believe in you. I believe in us. Truth is, I'm afraid but I will love you albeit I'm scared because nobody loved me like you do".

THE END