💋CHAPTER 34💋

Callan Anders' POV

After ushering Kashmere away, our college guys from back in the day that Andreas claimed to have brought, make their way towards me. They're all dressed up casually. At first, I wasn't able to recognize them because of their major physical growth that has sprouted from the past 9 years.

The last time I saw them, they were beardless. Now, they are grown adults with facial hair.

"Hey man," Waylen with a confused countenance greets as he shakes my hand, pulling me in for a tight, manly hug. "Is this you!? Man, you now look mature," he comments.

"Let's talk about whether the three of you have matured yet," I respond.

Roars of manly laughter commence, knowing exactly what type of tricks the trio used to be up to back in their college days.

"This guy!" Nathan exclaims amusedly. "I recently just got married and Waylen has a family of his own".

Shock marries my features.

"Unbelievable," I comment.

One couldn't have thought the men would ever have a family of their own.

"Believable. I have a 5 year old daughter," Waylen enlightens.

"And what about you Nolen?" I inquire.

"Man he just got engaged and his wedding is in 3 months," Andreas interjects.

"Dude I'm here. I can speak for myself," Nolen says and we burst in laughter.

"I see Andreas is still that hyperactive asshole," Waylen comments.

"Indeed," I squeeze Andreas shoulder.

"I would have sent you a wedding invitation card earlier but I thought it would be best if I do it personally," he says pulling out a card, also showcasing his fiance's picture.

"Man! You scored" I praise, giving Nolen a hug. "Nathan, what the fuck are you waiting for, you haven't given me a hug yet".

I lost track of time 'cause we spent it on recounting old college memories, stories about their wives and bragging about our current careers. At one point, they asked if I had a wife and family but I had to disappoint them.

After dining on grilled food stuffs and reckless Intake of alcohol, the reunion finally comes to an end.

Shit. It's been over 3 hours and I promised Kashmere I would see her in a few. Fuck. I rush to the lounge room and find her tangled up in a coverlet on the sofa.

"Sorry I took long," I apologize.

"What was that all about?" She ask's.

"What?" I respond.

"You not wanting to introduce me to your friends. Are you embarrassed of me?" She ask's.

"What? No. That's insane," I deny.

"Well, clearly you are 'cause if you weren't, you would have let me meet your friends like a normal person would," she responds.

"Kashmere, that's not true. Your insecurities are getting the best of you," I reply as I walk over to the bar and pour myself some neat brandy into a glass.

"Well since I'm not wanted here, I'll leave". Kicking away the coverlet, she gets up and leaves.

"Kashmere..." I call out to her as I still lean against the bar table.

I don't have the energy for this. I gulp in the alcoholic content into my mouth.

It's all a misunderstanding. I have nothing to be embarrassed about especially when I'm around her. One thing that my family and friends have in common is that they have no filter especially when it comes to expressing their opinion whether it be negative or not. That's why from now own, I choose to keep her away from my friends and family 'cause the last time I didnt, dad didn't have anything nice to say about her and I don't want her to get hurt again.

But fuck it, she's now hurt anyway.

Kashmere Lynn's POV

Making my way out, a few tears cascade down my cheeks but I quickly wipe them away. I call for an uber which takes me to the park. Walking past the expanse of the beautiful surrounding, I catch sight of a bench and head over to it.

I take a seat on it and that's when my tears begin to flood. I can't wipe them away this time. I won't hold them back but instead, I'll let my sorrow take it's toll over me. Callan blames it on my insecurities when he knows damn well that what I said is true. I don't care what Callan has to say, he has hurt me.

I'm sure he doesn't give a flying fuck about me. All he cares about is that stupid ego of his. He is fine with getting in my pants but doesn't want to be seen with my fatass. I'm tired of everyone treating me like a disability. My insecurities are weighing heavy on me and I can't stand it.

I cover my face with my hands as I continue to sob. Passerby's confoundedly stare at me wondering why I'm seated on a bench crying like a fucking baby. I hear the bench creak and that's when I'm alarmed that somebody has sat besides me.

"Ma'am, are you okay?" The feminine voice ask's.