💋CHAPTER 44💋

I get so excited by 1960s band The Equals plays as the wheels of my sky blue convertible vintage car rolls along the desolate road, past the deserted surroundings of Florida. It's currently 11am and the heat being emitted from the bright sun isn't doing any good on the arid situation.

Behind the wheel, I turn the volume up and sing along.

After the long flight that I had, I arrived at 2am so I booked into a hotel and then began my journey to the university today. But earlier, I decided to rent this car that I'm currently driving. I went for a vintage vehicle because it was way cheaper. Also, it reminded me of the one I had back home which I unfortunately had to sell along with my furniture because I was leaving California.

Finally, the surroundings begin to change. The deserted area is soon replaced with palm trees and infrastructure. After 20 minutes, I finally arrive at my destination. Turning into the university, my gaze tours around the modern architecture of the buildings.

I park my car in the parking lot and head to the administration block to get everything done. After that, I am directed to my dorm. The wheels of my suitcase rolls as I drag it towards the dorm areas.

Making my way inside, I search for the room with the door number I was given. Having found it, I unlock and head in. It's large in size, already equipped with 2 single beds, study tables and chairs.

Hmm, this place is far too empty for my liking. I mean, there's enough space for new furniture. I will have to bedeck it to make it feel more like home.

For the past 6 hours, I was placing folded clothes into the closet and decorating the room. I have already furnished it with the furniture and equipments that I had ordered.

Thank god the dorms can only be shared by two people and not more. I have everything ready for my new roommate as well. I'm sure she will love it. I don't know what she looks like but I can only imagine. I can't wait to see her. I'm already imaging us being best friends and spending our entire time in college together. I'm so excited.

The room is as clean as a whistle and smells like roses.

As I stick artificial butterflies onto the wall, Want Me Back by Benee plays on my phone.

"Tear me down, you hurt me. Change your mind, want me again. Playin' with my heart in utter boredom. Hide again-" singing along, I turn around in time to discern a visitor.

She's big in size and has dark shoulder length hair. She's quite cute.

I pause and stare at her with my mouth a fraction wide and she gives me a shy smile.

I notice her suit case and ask, "Hi are you in the right room?"

"I guess... 122. This was the room number I was given". She gestures to the door with a piece of paper in her hand.

I peep over to the door to see the number. Oh, she's my new roommate. She's nothing like I imagined.

"Hey," I greet her again as I head over to her. "Welcome". I help her with her suitcase to show hospitality.

She follows me. "This is your side of the room," I enlighten. "I decorated it just for you but if you don't like it you can change it".

"Oh no, I love it. It's gorgeous," she compliments.

"Glad," I say but I remember something. "Oh, where are my manners? I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Kashmere, your roommate obviously".

"Kashmere... You have a pretty name," she compliments.

"Thank you, what is yours?" I ask.

"Cara," she responds.

"Alright, an easy name. I won't forget," I assure.