💋CHAPTER 40💋

"I'm sorry Kashmere but me and Ivy have planned this for weeks. You can join us though," she offers.

Hell no.

I ignore her last statement. "So you can't just postpone that to another date?"

She shakes her head.

"Unbelievable," I mutter. "I can't believe you're ditching me for Ivy".

"It's not like that Kash," she denies.

"No, 'cause I've noticed that you don't spend time with me anymore but instead you spend it with Ivy. Shit, you don't even come to see me anymore. When I wasn't okay, I hoped you would come but you never did. I've watched you do that this entire time, I just chose to say nothing about it Giselle-" I say but she cuts me off.

"Ivy and I just recently got to know each other but you and I have known each other for 3 years. We've spent those years together Kashmere, what more do you want? Can't I have more friends? How could you be so selfish!? You do realize you can't be my only friend," she fires back.

"So Ivy is just going to replace me?" I ask.

"If you're going to continue acting like this then yes," she responds.

"Oh, so this is how its going to be?" I ask in disbelief.

"What you don't realize is that you're the problem, Kashmere. Why do you think Callan doesn't want to have anything to do with you anymore!?" She questions.

"What the fuck does Callan have to do with this!?" I yell. "I would sacrifice just for you to be happy but damn you Giselle, you're such a fake friend".

"Fake?" She chuckles. "You're the one that's fake. When you didn't want me to work here with you, I noticed that you were jealous of me".

The fuck.

"What? Why the hell would I be jealous of you?" I question.

"I don't know Kash, maybe it's because all the men around here think I'm beautiful. You're threatened by it. Even Carl is obsessed with me," she replies.

That's ridiculous. I may not show it but I'm laughing inside.

"I don't give a fuck about the men here or Carl. He isn't attractive," I say.

"Well, neither are you," She retorts.

Wow.

Ivy makes her way towards us. "Is everything alright?" She ask's.

Giselle looks at her and responds, "Yea".

"The center wont be running today. It's a holiday," Ivy enlightens me. "Well, we should get going," she says to Giselle.

"Have fun". I look at Ivy then give one last glare at Giselle before turning around and leaving.

Guess I lost a friend. First, I lost Callan and now I lost Giselle. Was she right when she said it was my fault that Callan walked out of my life?

On my way to the subway station, I come across a homeless man. I check into my purse and spot the $2000 that I planned to spend on Giselle today. I take $200 and give it to the begger.

That put a smile on my face.

When I arrive home, the first thing I do is pour some orange juice into a glass cup and gobble the contents down my throat.

Still exhausted and depressed, I head into my room and settle down at my study. Turning on my laptop, I'm greeted with an e-mail.

Hmm.

I click it open and what I see makes my jaw hit the ground.