💋CHAPTER 20💋

Gerald Anders' POV

"I've been meaning to speak to you Mr Anders but I just couldn't find the time. You know, because I'm a busy person and I have so much on my hands," Mr Vaughn's voice sounds through the phone.

"Oh no. That is not a problem Mr Vaughn. You know I'm at your service any time of the day regardless of whether I'm in the shower or not," I say and his throaty chuckle sounds from the other line.

I lean further into my swivel chair in my office as I leisurely swing it back and fourth.

"I wanted to commend your son, Callan Anders. He received me so well at the event last month. I have never been this touched by his demureness and inviting persona," he praises.

"I'm glad you loved my son. He is my golden gem. He learnt from the best after all, he has a father like me who shaped him into the man he is today," I respond.

"I can see that Mr Anders. You're doing a wonderful job. After a lot of thought, I've decided to take up the offer you made of doing business with me," he says.

My eyes bulge out of my sockets. I sit up in order to hear correctly.

"Pardon me Mr Vaughn," I say.

"I said, I have considered doing business with you," he repeats.

My ears weren't playing with me. My dream of co-operating with Mr Vaughn is finally coming true.

"Oh, oh. al- alright Mr Vaughn. I'll set up a meeting date so we can discuss this further," I say as I hold in the excitement that is brewing in my stomach.

"Alright Mr Anders. I'm looking forward to being business partners with you," he says.

"Same Mr Vaughn, Same. Thank you so much". I wait for the line to cut until I begin to celebrate in my chair.

I make important notes and then phone my personal assistant to schedule for a board meeting this afternoon. Shortly after, a knock sounds from the door.

"Come in," I permit and my secretary rushes in with an envelope in her hands.

"Good morning Mr Anders," she greets before proceeding, "Mr Levine decided to pause the deal for unknown reasons. This envelope was directed to you but I wasn't able to deliver it on time".

I grab the envelope from her hands in rage, almost making her trip. The sudden gesture shocks her.

I open the envelope and take out the letter. Mr Levine (Valencia's father) had paused our business deal until further notice because Callan broke up with his daughter.

Nonsense.

I check the statistics of the business and they have unfortunately become low.

"What is this!?" I yell. "When was this sent in?"

"About 3 weeks ago," my secretary answers in dread.

"You're fired!" I dismiss her to ease the anger that is boiling inside of me.

"But sir.. I can explain," she tries to convince.

"Do you understand what your stupidity has costed me!? If only you had done your job right and submitted this to me on time, I would have managed to sort everything out," I yell.

"Please, can you just listen to me.." She says but I cut her off.

"I said you're fired! Leave my office immediately and pack your belongings. I don't want to see your face in this building".

She immediately leaves my office as she wipes tears away from her cheeks. I place my elbows onto the table as my hands run on my head to release stress.

How is this possible? How could Callan make such a foolish move especially without informing me. I'll have to take matters in my own hands.

I decide to call Valencia and she shortly picks up.

"Hello," she answers.

"This is Mr Anders speaking," I say.

"I hope you know that there is no relationship between us seeing that your son and I are not together anymore," she enlightens.

"I'm aware," I reply. "But I'd like to schedule a meeting with you. Bonvar restaurant tomorrow at 3pm," I say.

The following day, a besuited man escorts me to the table I reserved. As I sip on wine, Valencia shows up clad in her lavish garment. Her harsh perfume attacks my nostrils when she takes a seat.

"Why did you call for me Mr Anders," she ask's gravely.

"Let's have that conversation after we order off the menu," I suggest and she takes the menu as she eyes me.

When our food arrives, I open my mouth.

"As you may be aware, the relationship that you and Callan shared had everything to do with the business deal I had with your father," I enlighten.

"Why do you speak of it in the past tense?" She looks up pretending as though she doesn't know that her father put a pause to our deal.

I ignore her question and proceed. "When you and Callan got together, a family between the Levine's and the Anders was created and so, your break up caused an impairment in our relationship family wise let alone, business wise," I say.

She leans in. "Can you get to the point".

"I need you and Callan to get back together," I respond.

"I don't understand what that has to do with me when it was your sons choice to break up with me. The right person you should be having this conversation with is him and not me," she fires back.

"That, I'm aware but I want you both to sort out your differences. At least on your side, you can try to convince him," I reply.

"What is in it for me?" She ask's.

"What do you mean? Don't you want Callan back?" I question.

"Don't answer my question with a question Mr Anders. Of course I want him back," she responds.

"When your father and I get this deal back on track, 5% of the profits will be transferred into your account," I assuage.

She observes me. "Make it 10% and we have a deal".