💋CHAPTER 49💋

It was an agreement that my father would transfer 10% of profits made under one condition. She had to get back in a relationship with me until the business deal with her father was finalized.

She did this for money?

With impassive features, I scrunch the paper up in one fist. I may not show it but I'm brewing with anger inside. As I leave his office, I meet him.

"Son, what are you doing here?" He ask's.

I refrain from confronting him about the papers I found in his office.

"I came to pick up a few documents". I slightly lift the documents in my hand to show him.

He nods his head in uncertainty before I angrily stride past him. I don't want to look at his face anymore.

I can't believe my father did this. He put my emotions on the line just for a business deal. Yes, I agreed to fake a relationship with Valencia but I had no idea that Valencia was going to be paid for it. After the business deal came to a success, I thought we wouldn't have to pretend to be together anymore but to my surprise, she was still glued to me. I thought she genuinely fell in love with me. She made me believe all of it. And even after my father knew all this, he still urged me to be tied to someone who isn't good enough for me; Someone he will be secretly paying.

With all these emotions, I drive back home in distress. At first I was unsure of whether I should marry Valencia or not but I think I know what I must do now.

"Go get her then. If you truly love her, go find her and make her yours before it's too late" Sadie said.

I will not be tied to the wrong person for the rest of my life when there's the right person out there who I'm supposed to be with.

All I know is that my true love is in Florida but where? Her best friend Giselle may know something. But, I hardly doubt she still works at the baseball center. It's been three years and I haven't been in contact with her. So, I call Andreas. He tells me his girlfriend, Olivia and Giselle are still in contact, so he refers Olivia's line to me. I contact her and she sends me Giselle's line.

As it calls, I hold in my breath hoping she responds. She's my only hope.

She cuts the line. God, Jesus Christ. I call her again. Please answer.

"Hello?" She answers. "Whoever this is, I did not kill him. It's been been 3 years, quit harassing me or I'll have the cops on you".

When I hear her voice, I sit up.

"Uh, Giselle, this is Callan" I scratch my head.

"Oh. Callan?" She ask's in uncertainty as if trying to search her memory.

"Callan Anders.." I remind.

"Oh.. Gosh, I'm so sorry" she apologizes. A baby cries in the background before she makes cooing sounds to shush it. "I've been so paranoid lately. What's going on?"

"This is important. I would like to speak to you... In person," I add.

She sends me her address and I drive to her place. When I arrive, a mansion comes into view. She stays in a mansion now? The gate opens but there are many security around the place. Why that much security?

Ignoring their stares, I get out. They didn't ask me any questions as I march towards the entrance. The door opens and I'm met with the blonde whose hair is now shoulder length. Everything else about her is still the same except from the 1 year old baby perched against her waist sucking on a pacifier.

"Please come in," she offers.

When I get in, a cool Caucasian young man slowly makes his way towards us.

"Hun, this is the man I told you about," she says to him.

"Oh". He sticks his hand out. "Adonis," he introduces

"Callan". I shake his hands with the biggest smile.

Adonis takes the baby from Giselle and walks away with the baby in his hands.

Giselle leads me to their living room, where I take a seat on the sofa. She serves me a glass of orange juice before she occupies the seat opposite mine.

"How's it going? How's.." she stops from asking another question. "Um, I heard you're getting married tomorrow did you come to give me the wedding card? You could have just sent it by mail a few weeks back, no need for the trouble," she smiles.

"Uh, no" I deny. "I came here to talk about Kashmere".

Her smile fades as she slowly shifts in discomfort.

"Are you still in contact with her?" I inquire.

"No. We haven't spoken ever since she left the city years back. I don't know anything about her," she responds clearly wanting to end the topic.

I wonder why she does not want to discuss her best friend.

"Well, I came here knowing you would have more information about her whereabouts," I say.

"She didn't tell you before she left? Typical Kashmere," she tsks.

"She just told me she was leaving for Florida. That's it," I say. "I thought as her best friend, you would.. "

She cuts me off.

"If that's all you want to talk about, I suggest you leave". She gets up.

I get up as well.

"Giselle.."

"Look, I told you I don't know anything about her," She denies.

"Something tells me you know something," I say.

She turns back. "And what if I did? Why would I tell you?" She questions with calmness but fury laces her tone.

"You hurt her. You didn't want anything to do with her!" she screams.

"Yes, I fucking hurt her but I still love her!" I raise my tone.

"Then why the fuck are you getting married to another woman!?" She angrily questions.

"I don't have to explain myself to you! Don't try and act like you did not hurt kashmere as well," I scold.

"Shut up!" She yells clearly not wanting to accept the fact. "If I could fix it, I would".

She wipes away her tears.

"We both hurt her, yes. All I can say is, if you know whats best for her then just leave her alone". She turns her back to me.

"Giselle please," I beg.

"Please, see yourself out" she says.

She begins to walk away but stops in her tracks when she hears my next words

"If you were the only one in this world who was able to fix a broken bridge between two people, Would you? Do you want to be the reason that two people couldn't be together?" I question in desperation.

"Of course not," she responds after pondering.

She turns to face me and we both sit down again. She tells me all the details I need to know.

After the end of our conversation, she escorts me to the door and I thank her for her help. As I turn around to leave, she stops me.

She ask's, "can I join you on your mission?"