Chapter 8

Laurance's POV:

Tonight I was sitting at the dinning-room bored out of my mind. There was nothing to do apart for rolling an apple on the table from hand to hand. All I could really do apart from that was think. I thought about who those people I saw yesterday where, why I had that weird feeling when I saw them and why my head hurt for a while when I passed Aphmau. I stayed a bit longer on that thought.

~*~*~*~*~*~*Time Reverse to yesterday*~*~*~*~*~*~

I woke up in Lilith's playroom and saw that Zoey had just waked out. I got up slowly with Lilith still in hand then Aphmau took notice of me. We shared a few words then Zoey called from upstairs saying that Cadenza was here. I told Aph bye and passed her to get to the stair way, but as I did I got a small headache for a few seconds and a voice whispered, "Hello again."

I ignored it since it probably could've been my imagination. After all, I did see two girls the other day and when I looked back they were gone so quickly.

~*~*~*~*~*~End of Flashback~*~*~*~*~*~

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the door open. I turned around in the chair and saw Cadenza walk in. She looked deep into thought and didn't seem to notice that I was there since she walked right past me and went up the stairs. Why was she out for so long and what's on her mind?

~*~*~*~*~*~Flashback from earlier today~*~*~*~*~*~

Cadenza and I were walking down the streets because she thought I might remember something, but unfortunately it didn't. At least I was able to learn my way around the place. We were on our way back to the house when we caught glimpse of Garroth carrying Aphmau bridal style into her house with Katelyn and Travis behind him. She looked like she was knocked out cold.

Without thinking I began to take a step forward to find out if she was okay but Cadenza grabbed hold of my hand.

"Laurance I'm going to see if Aph's okay. Go home and I'll meet you there.", she told me then ran off to Aphmau's house.

I just looked on as she ran to join the others inside the house. I didn't understand why I had to just go home and hope everything's okay. Even if I don't remember Aph or the other's I still want to make sure she's alright. I walked back to the house with my hand in my pocket and sat at the table where I began waiting for Cadenza.

~*~*~*~*~*~ End of Flashback~*~*~*~*~*~

I looked back up at the stairs wondering if Aphmau was okay. I don't know why but I felt some guilt build inside of me, even though I'm sure I didn't do anything to her. I walked up the flight of stairs and went into my bedroom. That's where I saw Cadenza looking out the window.

"Cadenza?", I said grabbing her attention.

She turned around and was surprised to see me, "Oh! Hi Laurance! W-what are you doing up here?"

I raised an eyebrow then said, "This is my room."

"Oh right!", she facepalmed, "What's up?"

"I just came to know if you're okay.", I said walking towards the bed and sat on the bottom edge of it.

"Yeah, it's nothing.", she said avoiding eye contact.

"It's not nothing.", I stated.

She sighed and mumbled to herself, "You always seemed to know when I wasn't okay but I never knew when you weren't."

I stayed silent for a while not knowing how to reply. Eventually I just decided to ask her a question that's been on my mind since she told me to go home.