Chapter 21

Aphmau's POV:

After everything that happened yesterday Laurance and Lyla went to their homes. When they left Zoey suggested the idea that Laurance might like Lyla. Not as a friend mind you, but as something else. Honestly, I couldn't reject her opinion. They have been hanging out for a while now and I remember that when I first met him he instantly flirted with me. But who am I to question someone's relationship? 

I was now laying down in bed staring blankly at the ceiling and in a ton of pain while Lilith was with Zoey downstairs.

I groaned, "How many more months?"

I thought back to when I found out about my pregnancy. The thing happened five months ago so..., that means four more months until it should be time to have the baby.

I tried to sit up but another cramp sent me back down and I became dizzy.

"Oh my Irene... C'mon Aph! We're going to distract ourselves from the pain.", I told myself.

I started thinking about everything that happened just this month. Tomorrow was to be the last day of the month.

"So, there's a spy here and it could be anyone that just came. But then again, Brian... Hey, what ever happened to him? Anyway, so it's probably one of the refugees, someone else who just spies on us from a distance or...Lyla? No, Lyla has already shown that she actually cares about what's happening and wants to help Laurance.", I said aloud.

I was interrupted from my conversation when I heard footsteps coming up the steps. I turned my head to see who it was.

"So this is what you do when you're bored.", Zoey laughed.

Zoey walked into the room with Lilith in hand then rested her on the ground. Then she went over to the window in the room, drew back the curtains and opened the window.

"Zoey, I miss people.", I told her.

"Seriously? It's just lunch time and you just saw Laurance, Cadenza and Lyla yesterday.", she said turning to me, "Besides, you're in too much pain today to go out."

I sighed then mumbled, "I wonder if the guys are having a more productive day than I am."

Garroth's POV:

Vylad just came back yesterday and told me about Tu'la and I of course told Katelyn, Travis, Lucinda, Dante, Levin, and Malachi about this. So right now we're all- including Vylad- are at Levin's house discussing and making plans.

"Are we really going to try help Garte? I mean, yeah, he's your father and all but-"

"No buts Katelyn. Aphmau would agree to helping get Garte out if she were free.", I cut her off.

"So what? Are we just going to hand over Shad's relic fragment?", Vylad asked.

Katelyn looked at me and narrowed her eyes then said, "I hope that's not what you're thinking."

"Of course not.", I told her.

"Then what are we going to do?", Malachi asked.

"We could try give them a fake copy of the fragment with my magiks.", Lucinda suggested.

"That's a great idea. Then we just need to make sure that we get one made before they come. But what will we do with Garte? We have enough things to worry about already.", Travis commented with one of his hands in his pocket.

"Well just put him in a cell until Aphmau gives us the clear as what to do.", I said.

I looked over at Vylad and he mouthed, 'I'll be right back', to me. I nodded and we continued our conversation while he when outside.