Chapter 22

Aphmau's POV: (A week later)

Last week Garroth updated me on the plans for when Tu'la comes with Garte and honestly it was a fantastic idea. Then he asked me what I did with the real one. All I told him that it's hidden somewhere in my room. Not that I didn't trust him but the less people who know the better and he completely understood. It was now almost time for when Tu'la was supposed to come to Phoenix drop according to Vylad, and of course I couldn't go. Instead I was in the house with Lilith and Zoey. Right now I was with Lilith who was on the bed still sleeping.

"Gah! Crap...", I said under my breath on feeling another cramp.

"Don't worry. I got the tea.", I heard Zoey said and she walked into the room then handed me a cup of tea.

"Thanks Zoey. It's just three more months after this. I can do this.", I said determinedly.

She laughed, "Yep. Anyway, you said that Garroth may be coming over again to tell you if everything went well right?"

"Yeah. But Emmalyn is still out there. I should be outside trying to find her right now.", I told her after taking a sip.

"Aph, Katelyn and the others are trying their best to find her.", Zoey said softly.

"I know..., and I'm really thankful they have been helping out with the everything.", I responded.

"Well then, think of it this way. If Emmalyn were here she would say something like, 'don't stress yourself to much'. She practically looks up to you and she wouldn't want anything to happen to you because of her.", Zoey said.

I hung my head staring into the brown liquid, "Yeah..., I just hope she's okay..."

Emmalyn's POV:

I was quickly skimming through the books looking for information. I had until the end of the day to give Zane information. I swear! He could just be doing this himself but him and his prick of a butt probably can't handle it. Well..., he's gone out for a while. I could just make a run for it and hope I can get back to the others.

I got up of the cold floor and crept up to the cave entrance. I was about to walk out when a sword was pointed at me.

"Get back in now.", the voice I dread to hear said.

"Y-yes Zane.", I mumbled and went back to where the books where then sat down.

"Do I have to threaten your friends as well as you now?", he asked, "Now, do you have information or not?"

"I-I, yes I do. B-but, I w-would think t-that as the priest o-of I-Irene's religion you w-would know all about her.", I stuttered glancing up at Zane from the books every once and a while.

"Ugh, if you must know I already gave Shad that information.", he grumbled folding his arms, "Now give me the information."

"When S-Shad was banished his relic was split into three p-parts.", I told him.

"And?"

"And what? T-there nothing else.", I said.

He held his sword up about to strike at me when I blurted out,
"WAIT!"

"Why would I wait? You're going to die either way.", he said in a menacing tone.

"I c-couldn't f-find-"

"Oh for goodness sake stop stuttering!", he complained.

"IT'S HARD TO DO THAT WHEN YOU'RE BEING THREATENED WITH YOUR LIFE!", I shouted back at him causing me to get a glare from him.

"Speak now so I can get this over with.", he growled out.

"I couldn't find any info on Irene because most books were burnt.", I told him.