Chapter 25

Cadenza's POV:

Laurance and I sat down at the table eating breakfast and he looked distracted in a way. The room was completely silent and the only thing that could be heard was the clanging of the forks on the plates.

"So..., what are you thinking about?", I asked breaking the silence.

He looked up from his plate and looked like he was about to say something but didn't. Instead he looked back down at his plate and began to eat again. Is he keeping secrets from me?! I swear that if he's gotten back into that habit. That's the thing that got us into this mess in the first place.

I put down my fork and told him, "You know if something bothering you, you can tell me, right?"

"Yeah, I know.", he said getting up to put his plate in the sink.

"Good. So can you now tell me why you're acting so strange?", I asked him.

He turned from the counter and hesitated to answer for a while.

"I don't know what you're talking about.", he told me.

I furrowed my brows at his statement. It's clear as day that he's hiding something. But..., then again, I probably don't even know who my brother is anymore. Before all of this I thought that he was perfectly fine until everything.

"What do you mean?", he asked walking away from the sink and back to the chair.

"I don't know. You just seem off.", I mumbled loud enough for him to hear.

He didn't say anything but walked past the table towards the stairs. Well know I feel like he's definitely hiding something.

"Anyway, I'm going to go see if Vincent and some other guards can come soon.", I told him getting up to place my plate down.

"Who knows maybe he could help you.", I finished.

When I turned around I saw he was just up the staircase and was giving me a small glare. What does he have against Vincent?! I'm very sure he hasn't done anything to him. They just don't see things eye to eye. Wait..., Hey! He remembers Vincent!

"You know Vincent?", I questioned.

"...No.", he said simply and continued to go upstairs.

Somethings going on and I'm going to find out what!

~*~*~*~*~*~**~Time skip a few hours later~*~*~*~*~*~**~

After sending a bird to New Meteli I decided to go to Phoenix Drop to see Lyla. I knocked on her door and awaited an answer.

"Coming!", I heard her shout and soon after she opened the door.

"Oh hey Cadenza. To what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?", she asked.

"You can thank Laurance.", I told her, "Can I come in?"

"Sure no problem.", she said and let me come in closing the door behind us.

"So what seems to be the problem?", she asked as we sat on a double-sided couch.

"Has Laurance seemed different to you?", I asked.

"What kind of different?", she asked with some curiosity, "I mean, you're his sister you should know him better."

"Yeah, well I thought I did until recently. This morning he just seemed very off. When I mentioned somethings he seemed to almost recognise it. So, I was wondering if the same thing has happened with you.", I told her.

When I looked up at her she looked nervous but that then changed to a very delighted expression when she caught that I saw her.

"Lyla.", I said almost sternly, "If anything's going on I need to know. He's my brother."