3.3) SPEEEEDDDD

I opened my eyes and looked around. I was in big hospital room. All types of chords and wires were attached to my body.

These all wires were altogether connected to a large computer like thing. Behind that was a face - a girl's face.
Oh My God, where was I ?

I sat up on my hospital bed. My whole body ached as if I had been laid on that bed for my whole life. But it could only be a couple of days, maximum, right ?

I mustered uр all my energy and asked, "Who are you? And where am I ?"
The girl just stared blankly at me. Now that I could see her clearly she was wearing the white coat. The one that doctors wear.

But she was awfully young to be one. The one that I knew were probably 50-60 something. Although, that wasn't my concern for now.

She seemed shocked. She rushed towards me and muttered, "Am I dreaming? This can't be
possible..."

"What can't be possible? A person unconsious for 2-3 days, sits up suddenly?"
"No, no. What shocks me is that a person in coma for 8 months suddenly wakes up and acts like everything's normal."

"What?! 8 months. Who are you ? Are you out of your mind ? How are you even a doctor ?", I questioned the surprised doctor.
"No, no. I'm serious, You were down for entire 8 months. And by the way, I'm an intern here, actually the daughter of the hospital's founder and your attending doctor and I'm here researching your speaded-up metabolism for my project you can say."

"Wait,wait wait. I didn't get what you are trying to say. Speeded-up metabolism ? what's this thing? and when did I become a research subject. And most importantly, 8 months ! Seriously ?

Baba was right. All these doctors and hospitals are crap. Did you remove my kidney, liver and sell it away?", I said as I tried to remember the last memory I could recall.

I reached the back of mine by my hand. What ?! The thing was still attached to mу back. I couldn't remove it.

It was fixed into my spine !

"Hey! Don't mess with it!"- the girl said..
"Hey, you doctor girl !"

"I'm an intern and I have a name, Sejal."
"Ok, Sejal. You don't have any idea what happened with me. So, just explain me what's happening with me. I feel strange. Its like everything is in slow motion !"

"Well I'm still researching your case. I had no leads till now. But, whatever you are feeling its because of that protro-magnet thing on your back. My mother named it. Where did you get such a thing anyways ?"
"I don't remember... You can't just remove it ?It is just a magnet, right ?"

"No, if we remove it, it will damage your neural connections. It might paralyse you. Forever."
"Ok then, what's next?"

"Hold on your horses, magnet-boy. I'm not the one with all powers here", she said as she started to note down the readings.

"For God's sake, I'm 21", I complained.

***

I left the REDZ Hospital after completing all the formalities. My research was just a private research project of the REDZ. So, there weren't really any formalities. They just told me to sign a Contract that would make them able to research me officially whenever they wanted, in return of the treatment they were providing me.

There were no people around. The whole city seemed deserted. Well, Dr. Sejal did warn me about the lockdown. But wasn't it for just 1 day. Why did it get extended so much ?!

I wore 'the mask', as I adjusted it throughout my walk. It was so uncomfortable. Why was I even wearing it, I thought.

I noticed a nearby temple being locked. I prayed from outside, I wonder what else had happened when I wasn't around.
I made my way to the nearby bus-stop, where they were distributing some sanitisers, as they called it.

But wasn't it the thing the rich kids used to bring in college ?

Anyways, Dr Sejal had given me some money to get me home. I watched one of the NMEST buses departing. And it was 54-C.

Uh oh. If I missed that, I would have to wait for another hour. I had no choice except running for it.

I covered my masked face with the extra handkerchief as Dr.Sejal believed that pollution would be harmful for me in this post-coma stage. But who the hell starts running just after waking from a coma ?

I guess that's me.

I ran after the bus. Slowly, I realized that I was running at 30-40 kmph alongside the bus.

Oh my God !
My speed was increasing with every step I took.

I became so fast that I bypassed the bus and left it behind. Some people in the bus were watching me, in disbelief.

All the scene, once again, went in slow motion, Only I was fast.

I reached Nerul in about 3 minutes, that too from REDZ, Vashi.
I was surprised. It felt awesome.

I felt speed flowing through my blood vessels.

I felt Fast. I felt "Satvar."