3.8) ZS

I promised her anyways.
But something felt off about her behaviour.

She was scared and concerned at the same time. It was something personal.

Days before, we were strangers.
But now, we are all superhero-buds.

I knew I had to refresh her mood. So I took her to my favorite spot.

We both speeded up to Area-13. It was always deserted as usual. Some say that the place is haunted, some say that aliens live there. But in reality, there's no one there. And being the most fastest, 'Satvar' now.. Why fear ?

With Sejal behind me on my R1X, I reached the speed of 120kmph on the isolated roads. "Wow, this speed is amazing."
"Dr.Sejal, you don't know what speed means to me. I'm even faster than this", I told her I parked my bike near the wrecked building and proceeded inside.

Dr.Sejal now was looking at me with suspicion. Of course, being with a research subject in an isolated building, anyone in a deserted area would freak out any girl.

"Trust me, I'm not that type of guy", I reassured.
"I don't fear you Tejas. I fear myself", she smiled. I didn't get what she meant by that.

I switched on the lights to make her comfortable. She was amazed to see the facility from inside, it seemed more of a science lab honestly.

She looked and handled all the switches and circuits like a curious child on a school trip.

I zapped into another room, wore my suit and rushed back while she was examining the lab.
"Heya Sejal ! I mean Dr.Sejal.."
"This is so amazing ! The whole lab. And you too, your suit looks even better than that Versatile honestly…", she said as she rushed her hands across the suit. "And I'm okay with just Sejal."

"You haven't seen anything yet", I said as I rushed to the periphery of the room. I was too excited.
I ran in circular motion creating cyclone type winds. "This is speed!!!", I exclaimed.

"Tejas stop !", she yelled. Her eyes widened as she saw all this. "This isn't fun anymore", she said as the things around us started to blow off.
"Nothing will happen", he said as I ran even faster. "Now see this.."

My eyes locked into hers and…

SLIRRCCHHHHH !! I slipped on something. Everything was in slow motion again. I was falling towards her at a speed for of 500 kmph, I think.

Nevertheless, it was fast enough to kill someone with its impact.

CRASSHHH!!!!

I closed my eyes. I crashed into something. Rather someone. I feared opening my eyes. I felt a terrible pain in my shoulder.

I didn't dare to open my eyes. I thought I had made the biggest mistake of my life. I liked someone out of my excitement.. that too Doctor Sejal.

Somehow, I mustered up enough courage to open my eyes. She was there..

She was standing still at the same position in front of me. Her left sleeve had burned. It did mean that I had hit her definitely.

But she was standing still with eyes wide open as if nothing had happened to her ! "Are you okay?", She asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine. But... how are you so fine ?
With an impact like this, you should have got thrown off at least 50km away from here and should have broken almost all your bones by now", I said.

"Well, I didn't feel a thing. It just felt as if something hit me and bounced over…"

"You mean my powers don't affect you ?", I asked as I tried again to zap past her, I fell again.

"This means that I have some kind of high resistance to this all. I have high inertia. Let it be...", she said as she saw the confusing look on my face. "I'll explain you later", She continued.

Something clicked in my mind. I went to the control room and picked out the extra suit PF had given me. I finally understood why he gave me 2 suits.

You are great PF.

"Wow. Is that for me?", she said as I brought in the suit.
"Yes indeed. Consider this a gift from phoenix fighter."

"What more ? Are you in contact with the sky warriors too ?", she laughed.
"Girls and me ? Na never."

"Well in that case, 'Zero Satvar'  wants to apply for partnership in this superhero internship of yours", she said as she kept laughing.

"Ok ZS, welcome to the team. Come on now, Let's discover your powers!!"