2.2) ZERO ZERO ONE

'What am I supposed to do with a whole lot of murderers around me?', I thought.

One of them noticed this confusion I think, as he stared at me with suspicion. He came towards me.

"You don't look like us. You are not one of us. You don't belong here", he pointed out. Of course, I didn't. All the other guys in the cell were all muscle, had a big beard and mustache, and had these scars all over the body.

And here, I was.
Clean shaved mustache. In a purple-suit, dry-washed blazer. "Ha, that's because...

I'm the boss of an organization of professional killers", I said with full confidence, adjusting my blazer and dusting it off.

"And, what's your organization called ?", he said grinning. "It's supposed to be a secret", I whispered. The big guy held my neck and within no time, I was off the ground.

"Ok, ok. I'll tell", I managed to speak. He let go of his grip. I fell down. "Oww!!", I yelled.

Suddenly, all of them stared at me. "It's called Kick-a-punk" , I said, coughing, Not finding any good name for a killer's organization.

"You know what? you suck at lying", He said.

A kick, from my backside got me down again.

"You're screwed up here kid", that big guy said. "I'm Dave, and I'm the boss here", he said and kicked me hard in the stomach.

"Let him suffer", A guy yelled from behind. "Punish him", "Liar!" people around me were saying multiple things. I didn't care as I was just seeing Dave's fluctuating expressions. He seemed calm on the contrary. He raised his arm and all the commotion paused at once.

"Get him outta his funky suit!", He ordered.

They all caught hold of me and soon, I was in my underwear, about to fight the boss, Dave.

Dave removed his T-shirt to show off his ripped body, full of cuts, muscle, scars, burns, stitches. Looked awful.
A "001" on his chest.

And here was I, in my underwear. I still can't believe I'm doing this. I mean it was still better at the college. The seniors did the ragging stuff, but it wasn't that scary. This was giving me nightmares already.

Dave charged towards me. I swayed sideways. At least, I was a kabbadi player after all. But this trick didn't work here, as I realized that the surrounding people got hold of me, as I tried to evade.

I received a kick on my face while swaying one more time. I was down, in no time. Dave lifted me up in the air and thrashed me upon the ground.

"Uff", I complained.
"I told you. You are not one of us", he said and lifted his hand for one more blow. A knock-out one.

"Kill him", "Make him suffer", the others shouted. I knew my end was near as I heard the initial "Argghh" of Dave.

"Bye-bye world", I muttered as I closed my eyes in fear.

But instead, he stood up and left me. Behind him another man, jacket and goggles. Supposedly a guard. "I'd told you! She wants him alive !! Can't you understand !?", he shouted at Dave.

"Whatever", he muttered.

"Be careful kid. Our ma'am wants you for something", the mystery man warned me before leaving. That's when Dave removed a knife from his pocket.

I screamed out loud. The man rushed in once more, "Can't you understand ?! Keep him alive !". I couldn't see him anywhere though.

"I KNOW, I'M NOT KILLING HIM", Dave yelled. "Today, he gets his first scar", Dave said as he sliced the knife smoothly over my chest, carving the letter X. He didn't make it deep enough to kill me but, yeah deep enough to hurt me. Immensely.

"What was that for ?!!", I asked.

"You have to become like us, to be with us!!", Dave said as he passed on a pair of clothes to me. "Get ready. kid" He said, as he slid back his T-shirt.

The 001 on his chest did make me wonder. Where the heck was I?

 Where the heck was I?