5.2) Let's not talk about it

"I'll not repeat my question", Principal sister said sternly. I expected him to speak something. Like literally.. anything ?!!!

"We rushed here hearing Mayuri shouting for help. It seems she has lost consciousness due to the panic", I quickly said.
Principal sister took a look at both the siblings. "Ok", she hummed.

"Principal sister, I have to make a call home", Mahesh said as he picked Mayuri again and went downstairs.
"Are you okay ?", Aditya asked as everyone started to leave.
"Yeah I'm fine. You good ?", I asked in return.
"Just some minor injuries."

"Ok, you go back. I have some work to do", I said as I rushed downstairs too.
I saw Mayuri laying across the bench outside the principal's office, while Mahesh tried calling home. I went to her and put my hand on her forehead.

Ok focus.

A blue aura came from within me and her forehead started to glow. No one was watching, I confirmed.
"MAY I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE", I heard a screeching sound from the speaker.
"ALL STUDENTS ARE HEREBY REQUESTED TO GO STRAIGHT TO YOUR HOME. THE SCHOOL WOULD BE CLOSED FOR ANOTHER 2-3 DAYS TILL ANY FURTHER NOTICE"

2-3 days ? This wasn't a real earthqua-
That's when I felt some movement at my palm. Mayuri was awake.
"What- how did you do this ?", she asked as she noticed my hand glowing.

"It's.. it's nothing", I hid my hand in my pocket.
"Hey ! What do you think you are doing with my sister ?!", Mahesh roared as he came out.

"She's awake. That's all matters", I said as I hurried towards the stairs, but I could hear the conversation between them that followed :

"What happened ?", Mahesh asked Mayuri.
"Nothing, I just.. got another cramp. It was uncontrollable", she sighed. "I'm sorry ok, I didn't know all this would happen."
"That isn't what I'm worried about right now", he said. "Vedant.. he now knows about your disease. I'm sure he'll try to use it against me."

What ?! How could he think of me like that-
"Here !", Aditya said as he handed me over my bag. I noticed everyone was with their bags, in a line exiting the school. Oh, the announcement !
"Thanks bro", I remarked as I caught it.
"Where do you disappear everytime ?", he asked.
"Nothing much. Just settling a few things. What's going on between you and Snigdha anyways ?", I asked as I put my hand around his shoulder.

"Nothing much", he mimicked my voice as he glanced at Snigdha. She too looked back as she went towards Mayuri.
"She knows Mayuri ?", I asked.
"Ofc she does. They are cousins, more like best friends", he said as we continued to walk towards the cycle area.

All of a sudden, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I glanced back to find Mahesh again.
"Stay away from my sister !", he warned.
"Oh yeah, you want to create a scene here ?", I said as I pushed his hand away.

"Listen guys you shouldn't get into another fight right now. Or else Principal Sister will seriously kick both of you out of the school", Aditya barged in.
"Tell this to him. He comes after me for trivial issues..", Aditya didn't let me finish my words as he pulled me away from Mahesh. I turned around again and yelled : "Take care of Mayuri. Get her to a doctor !"

I don't why but some of the girls started laughing for no reason. "It wasn't a joke", I told Aditya.
"I know but it seems Mayuri is a joke for the other girls", Aditya remarked.
"What why ?", I asked.
"Let's not talk about it right now", he mimicked me again.
"Not again !", I complained.

We made our way out of the main gate. I noticed Mayuri's parents carrying her to a car. And they went ahead. "That was odd. Her.. I mean Mahesh's house is that way right ?", I asked as I noticed the car going straight instead of taking any turns.

"Why the sudden interest in Mayuri ?", Aditya asked as he smile. I knew this smile. Uh oh.
"No it's not like that. Definitely not like that !"

***

"I can't see any bruises or cuts..."
"...Yaa no patches, I've already given him Sulpadron-6.",Aai continued as she checked me and attended some call on the other end.

"One min,...", She checked me one more time before saying, "No doctor, no fire or burn marks."
"Aai, it was an earthquake not a volcanic eruption !!", I complained as she continued examining me.

That's when someone rang our door bell.
Aai rushed to the door. I held up the mobile. The number wasn't saved yet.
9875....

It was Pappa. He was back from work. "I heard about the earthquake. Strangely, it was felt only in the school", he said as Aai brought him water.
"I called Dr.Gaikwad. Vedu is finally recovering it seems. No fire marks even in the panic situation-", but Aai stopped abruptly as I entered the hall.

"What's so special about about fire marks ?", I questioned.
"Vedant, let him rest a bit. We'll talk about it afterwards. Get him his towel", Aai instructed.

Why were they avoiding this topic ?
And who is this Dr.Gaikwad ?