5.8) Zero to Infinite

AS PER REPORTS, MANOHAR JOSHI - HAS ESCAPED FROM THE HANDS OF SPECIAL TASK FORCE.

LET'S GET DETAILED INFORMATION FROM OR REPORTER...

REPORTER : SIR, IS IT TRUE THAT MANOHAR JOSHI IS SUPPOSEDLY HAVING SUPERNATURAL POWERS ??
OFFICIAL : WE ARE STILL CONDUCTING OUR INVESTIGATION. BUT AS FOR NOW, MANOHAR JOSHI IS A MOST WANTED CRIMINAL.

REPORTER : SIR WHAT ABOUT THE EXPLOSIONS HEARD NEAR HIS RESIDENCE ? DOES THIS PROVE THE POSSESSION OF HIS SUPERPOWERS ?!
OFFICIAL : FIRST OF ALL, STOP GLORIFYING HIM. PEOPLE WHO GET SUCH POWERS ARE NOTHING BUT MONSTERS. AND THESE MONSTERS DESERVE NOTHING. THAT'S ALL.

REPORTER : SIR.. SIRR.. ONE MORE QUESTION..

Aai switched off the TV as she sat besides me. "Will you stop watching that ?", she said. But I switched the TV on again.

REPORTER : AS PER THE LATEST REPORTS, SIMILAR INCIDENT HAS TAKEN PLACE AT ALIBAG. WITNESSES CLAIM THAT A VIGILANTE NAMED PHOENIX FIGHTER HAS SUPPOSED MURDERED A KARATE MASTER..

"Stop it now !", Aai switched the TV off again.
"I know you all maybe thinking if I did this.. but trust me Aai. I'll never ever think of..", I started to cry.
"Vedu..", Aai hugged me. "Boys don't cry, ok ? And we trust you. My Vedu will never do something like this.."

"Where's Pappa ?", I asked.
"He has gone to Vashi for some urgent work", she said. "Get some sleep now. You'll feel better."

***

I couldn't sleep. I couldn't go out as Aai was watching me. It seems even she was worried about something. I went to her swiftly and put my palm on her head and made her sleep with my blue aura.

"Sorry Aai. But I need to get some answers", I jumped from the balcony and put on my Phoenix armour. Pappa has gone to Vashi. That's where REDZ is. That means he has gone to visit Dr.Gaikwad. Hmm..

Aditya's eyes were full white when he accused me of murdering master. I had seen the same thing - the white eyes with the girl at the REDZ lab...

Everything.. lead to REDZ Vashi.
I would get my answers there only. But it's too far.. That's when I recalled how I reached their last time. I raced to Mayuri's house and climbed to the window of her room.

KNOCK KNOCK KNO..

I literally lost my balance as I saw Mayuri's bare back. I fell down on my face. Shit.

"Hey how's there ?!", I heard Mahesh grumping. No. No. How could I be distracted ?!

I heard footsteps coming towards me. I couldn't think of anything. Suddenly, someone caught me from behind and pulled me. I glanced back only to realise that it was a portal.

I bumped into something soft. I opened my eyes slowly. It was Mayuri with a bed sheet wrapped around her. "Ohhh shit I'm so sorry. I mean I'm sorry to use sorr-", I stuttered as I put my armour off.
"Close your eyes ! Turn Around !", she ordered as her cheeks turned red.

I quickly did as she said. I would've done it even if she hadn't ordered. Why ?
I freaking had a boner. Seriously ? Why now ? I asked myself as I glanced downwards.

"You can turn around now", Mayuri said.
"Na, it's okay. I'm comfortable like this..", I lied. "Woah. Your room looks so.. cool."

She anyways came infront of me. I hadn't yet opened my eyes. Well, Vedant get yourself ready for some embarassment.

"What's that down there ?"

Ok much more big large embarassment.

"Vedant, what's in your jeans pocket ?", she asked as she shook me. I put my hand in it. It was the infinity. She quickly took it from me and began examining it.
"Ohhh that's what you meant", I laughed awkwardly. Phew!

"No I meant your erection", she started to laugh. "I'm sorry. It's just funny."
"Not anymore", I remarked as I put on the armour again. Oww!!

"That's painful", she said. "You shouldn't try to mess up with these things. It's natural. You saw something.."
"No I didn't see anything", I diverted my attention elsewhere.
"You did. That's why it decided to respond, isn't it ?", she smiled. Owww.

"Trust me. This isn't helping."
"You want me to help you phoenix ?", her voice quickly turned seductive.
"Fuck you Mayuri", I yelled.
"Do it yourself", Mayuri's seductive tone grew. So did the glow of the Infinity she carried in her hand. I kicked it off, Mayuri snapped out of whatever she was in.

"What the fuck was I muttering ?", she asked. Her voice was normal again.
"That thing.. it was making you do it", I pointed towards the glowing infinity.

I went towards it cautiously and absorbed it's glow again. "This thing's dangerous. We don't even know what it is", I warned her.
"Actually, I know what it is..", she confessed. "It's a lemniscate."

"What ??"
"You were asking me how I have my superpowers right from my birth right ?", she said as she swung her hands sideways. "My powers are also due to a lemniscate. But it's half." Mayuri's torso started to glow. I could something inside her body. A teardrop shaped thing.

"Who has the other half ?", I asked as she returned to her normal self.

DHOOFFFFFFF DHADAMMMMMM !!!!!

We glanced outside. A nearby house exploded. "Who's house is it ?", I asked.

"It's Snigdha.. she has the other half", Mayuri said as she opened a portal.