5.6) Restricted Area

"I'll be back before the lunch", I said as I left my house. I made my way to Varsoli beach where I found Aditya, Snigdha and Mayuri waiting for me.

"Here comes the phoenix fighter", Snigdha commented as I rushed in.
"Seriously how many people know ?", Aditya asked. I put my hands up. "No clues bro. But Snigdha don't tell anyone please", I said as I glanced at Mayuri.
"Don't worry, she won't", Mayuri assured.
"Wait, you don't have your bagpack that you packed last night ?", I asked.

"What ?! Last night ! Don't tell me you both-", Snigdha blurted out but soon kept quiet as Mayuri glanced towards her. She was using her mind-speech thing again.
"You took things this far ?", Aditya almost shouted.
"No no. I meant last day. I mean yesterday", I responded.

"Hushh, it's okay. All the best, I hope you both find this REDZ guy and get all your answers", Snigdha intervened as she held Aditya's hand. Aditya shut his mouth instantly.

"Thanks", we both said as they left.
"So how do we go to REDZ ?", I asked.
"We have to teleport. It's too far", she said as she tried to find something.

"What are you looking for ?"
"A deserted place. Where no one can see us teleporting", she said. "Aha, the lover's point. Perfect."

"Wait ! What ?!", I took a step back.
"The beach's ending. Usually people don't go there. It's.. weird. But it's perfect for our work", she said. I agreed.
The place was creepy actually, in contrast to the main beach full of people. Here I could just see some couples in.. weird positions.

"Ok now, hold my hand tightly", she instructed all of a sudden. I held her hand as she said.
"Hey you ! This place is off limits to kids !", I heard someone say before we teleported.

One moment everything was pitch black and now we were in between big buildings. With green grass around. I looked at Mayuri, she was holding her stomach.
"Hey, what's happening to you ?", I asked.
"It's a cramp. I'm used to it", she said as she cried. I put my hand on her stomach and tried to heal it. But it didn't work.

"I've to get you to the doctor. Where is he ?", I asked as I started to look around.
"There he is, right now", Mayuri pointed towards an odd looking building.

I picked her up and carried her inside. But there was no one there. That's when I realised - there was so much radiation there. The kind of radiation Mayuri was giving out yesterday morning.

I heard some sounds coming from the room inside. I made Mayuri sit in a chair in the corner as I made my way towards it. Someone opened the door and started shouting. "Why is she suffering ?!!! Why am I so helpless ?!!", he threw away a big device that he was holding. It shattered as it hit the ground.

He could be dangerous. I signalled Mayuri to stay silent as I hid myself. He switched off the lights and went outside. I sneaked inside the room. You gotta be kidding me.

There was a girl inside, tied to the bed with all sorts of wires connected to a big machine. I rushed towards her and tried to free her. "Hey ?! Are you okay ?", I asked as I removed the wires.

She didn't respond. I then looked at the machine. Something in it started to glow and emit even more radiation. I quickly took out whatever it was and tried to absorb its energy. And it actually worked.

It wasn't glowing anymore. Great-
"Woahahaahahhh ?!!!!!!!", I fell on my back as I saw the girl sit upright. Her body.. it wasn't skin.. it was something else. Slimy.. a ghost ?!!

Even her eyes.. they were full white.
"No no. Don't eat me. I haven't even hit puberty yet !", I pleaded as I ran away. I picked up Mayuri and made my way out. Mayuri was unconscious for some reason.

"Save us. Please someone save us ?!!", I cried as I entered the main building of REDZ. It was.. a hospital.
A girl in white coat came rushing towards me. "Hey kid, what happened ?", she asked as she took a look at Mayuri. "Oh shit. She's bleeding", the girl remarked.

"There's a ghos-", but I couldn't complete my words as I noticed blood on Mayuri's pants.
"Let's take the patient to the ER", the girl told her other friends.

"What.. what just happened ?!", I asked myself as I fell on my knees. I glanced back. There was no one chasing me.

Shit. I messed up.