5.1) Run Run Run

"Wait here till Principal sir comes", the clerk instructed as he continued his work.

Me and Mahesh sat on the opposite benches outside the principal's office. First the fight, then this. I was out of luck today, it seems.

"This is all your fault", Mahesh muttered.
"How is this my fault ?!", I objected.

"You started the fight !"
"Me ? You were the one that instigated me-"
"What do you think of yourself ?"
"I'm Vedant. And Vedant is that epitome of-"
"And Mahesh is that storm that'll-", Mahesh got up from his seat. I too did the same.

"STOP !!", someone barged in.
"Aditya ?!", Mahesh said as he backed off.
"Let me guess you took permission for washroom and came here, don't ya ?", I asked as I got back to my seat too.

"Correct guess. But you aren't getting any prise for that", Aditya said as he sat besides me. "So what happened ?"

I rewinded my mind to 10 minutes ago. All I could see was me smashing Mahesh's head into the wall. And then kicking him in the stomach too. "Let's not talk about it right now", I remarked.

That's when I noticed the principal coming towards us. I signalled Aditya about the same. He tried to pass by her without getting noticed. "Good morning Principal Sister", he blurted out suddenly. Mannerism.

"Aditya ? What are you doing here ? Is there any problem ?", she asked.
"No sister. I was just.. going to the bathroom", he stuttered. Come on Aditya, a lie isn't that difficult.

That's when she noticed me. "Look who's here.. our regular customers. I suppose they are the reason for your visit here. Am I right ?", She said sarcastically.
"Sister actually-", I tried to intervene.
"AM I RIGHT, ADITYA ?", she asked again. But in a higher tone.

"Yes.. Principal Sister", Aditya squeaked. He looked terrified, he could cry any moment if this continues.
"I'll repeat this again for you. Stay away from bad influence. You are a very bright student. You have a bright future ahead of you", she started to pamper him again.

Aditya left. She turned her attention to us. "Do you need an invitation ?", she said as she entered her cabin. Yeah 'said'. Most of her questions aren't actually questions. They are just orders. What do they call these in grammar..

"What should I do now ? Call your parents ? I have given you so many chances. But you just don't seem to understand. No fighting in school premises !", she continued to yell at us in her cabin. Me and Mahesh exchanged looks in between. We both knew this couldn't happen.

"Principal sister, we ask for forgiveness !", we both got to our knees and tried to sound a guilty as possible. "We'll study hard. Focus on our studies."

"Sometimes I think I should put an end to this matter by calling your parents", she muttered as she went to her table. Uh oh she was actually going to do it.

"No sister please" "We promise you" "We'll never repeat this again", but our promises weren't helping. Sister sure tried to get to the phone. But she didn't.

Why ?

RUMBLEEE RUMBBBLLLEEEEEE
Earthquake ??

Sister hid under her table. I looked towards Mahesh, he looked confused rather than terrified. He quickly rushed out. I followed him too.

Everyone was hiding under something and waiting for the earthquake to stop. And here we were. Running in the middle of the corridor.. towards the sports room ?!

Mahesh kicked open the door and ran inside. I decided to check in but suddenly I felt a strong aura. An energy. That's when I realised - the waves of the earthquake were coming from this room only.

I prepared myself for the worse. I entered the room cautiously. I had expected some big monster but..
turns out, it was just a girl.
"Mayuri ?!", I asked as I saw my classmate mumbling something as Mahesh tried to shake her. Her eyes were closed, her hands were glowing, giving out energy.

"What are you doing here ?", Mahesh noticed me standing at the door. "Go away from here !", he yelled as he gave her some purple medicine to drink. She gulped it down, almost like some reflex.

The earthquake's frequency decreased and gradually diminished. "What did you make her drink ?", I asked again as I saw her lose consciousness and fall on Mahesh's shoulder.

"She's my sister! I'll do whatever I want. Who are you to interfere ?", he shouted as he picked her up.
"I will interfere. I need to know what you are doing with her !"
"Or else ?!"
"You want to fight ?", I challenged.
"I don't fear you Vedant !"

"STOPP !!", I heard someone. Uh oh. I turned around, I found Principal Sister and the whole staff staring at us. Backed up by our fellow curious students ofcourse.
"What are you doing here ?!", she demanded.

I looked at Mahesh. You better have some answer ready or else we're gone for real this time.

And.. he just shrugged.
Great.