Two: Huge Misunderstanding

He started dragging me to the elevator.

"Hey, what are you doing? Let me go!" Nagpupimiglas ako pero tila wala itong narinig.

He punched the keys on the elevator and basically dragged me inside when it opened.

"Ano ba! Let me go!" I yelled.

I tried to get out of the elevator pero mabilis nitong naiharang ang sarili. He was able to close the doors before I could even get out. 

"Are you aware that this is harassment?" My voice echoed in the four walls of the elevator carriage. 

Ngunit tila wala itong narinig. 

Ilang minuto pa ay karay-karay na naman ako nito palabas ng elevator. I have realized that there's no point in fighting. Magsasayang lang ako ng lakas kapag patuloy akong nagpumiglas.

So I just let him drag me through the hallway. But my mind was racing on ways to escape. Maghahanap lang ako ng magandang pagkakataon.

"James. I'm on my way to my room. Meet me there." He was talking to someone on the phone. 

At nagtawag pa nga ng backup! Bigla akong kinabahan. Maga-gang rape pa yata ako ng wala sa oras!

I was fighting the urge to scream. Pero naisip ko, walang makakairinig sa akin. The hallways were empty. The rooms must be empty, as well. Everyone was in the event downstairs.

Sa pagkakaalam ko ay ni-book ng mga delegates ng conference ang buong hotel. Magsasayang lang ako ng lakas kapag sisigaw ako, wala din namang makakarinig.

I have to think of other ways to escape!

He stopped by a room, punched the code on the door, pulled it open, and dragged me inside. Then he basically threw me into the waiting long couch before he turned around and combed his hair with his own fingers.

He looked mad. 

"This is kidnapping," I told him.

I tried to remain composed kahit ang totoo'y binabayo na ang aking dibdib mula sa loob. But I don't want to show him that I'm scared. 

He turned around to face me. Then with long, fast strides, he approached me.

"So, who is it this time, huh? My grandma? My mom? My dad? Or is it the media?" He planted both of his hands on the backrest of the couch I was sitting on, giving me no room to escape. 

He was basically hovering over me. He was leaning so close to me that I could already smell his minty breath. It was as intoxicating as his expensive-smelling cologne. 

Crazy, I know. Why would I think about those things? I'm in danger, for Pete's sake!

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I said as firmly as I could, trying to get those crazy thoughts away from my mind.

To my relief, umalis ito mula sa pagkakatukod sa backrest ng couch na kinauupuan ko.

"Give me your phone," anito pagkuwan.

"What?"

"Hand me your phone!" He commanded.

"I have no phone," I said.

"And you actually think I would believe that?" He was basically towering over me. I feel so small in front of him. 

"I don't have my phone with me. I'm on duty, I wasn't supposed to bring my phone with me," sabi ko.

He just glared at me before he started touching me nonchalantly. Walang paalam nito akong kinapkapan.

I automatically pushed him away. "Hey! This is pure harassment!" 

He stopped right away and stared at me for a few seconds.

"I don't know what you're thinking right now but believe me, you got the wrong person. This is pure harassment but I'll let this pass if you let me go now!" I stood up and marched towards the door.

But he was quick enough to grab my arm to stop me from leaving. He spun me around to face him.

Sa height kong 5'5, I was basically looking up to him. At kung guapo ito sa malayo, mas guapo pa ito sa malapitan. 

I silently reprimanded myself for thinking that way. Na-harass na nga ako't lahat, iyon pa din ang iisipin ko? Na naga-guapuhan ako dito? 

Am I crazy? 

"I'm gonna give you one last chance," he whispered a few inches away from my face. "Who's paying you to follow me? At magkano ang ibinayad sa'yo? I'll pay you double."

I chuckled. "Are you kidding me?"

"Triple." He looked serious. 

"What are you talking about? I don't even know you."

Saglit itong tumitig sa akin pagkatapos ay nagpakawala ito ng isang mapaklang tawa. 

"Hindi mo ako kilala? Do you actually think I would believe that?" He sounded as if he's mocking me.

Ay, wow! Sino ka ba para makilala ko? 

I held his gaze. "Why? Am I supposed to know you?" 

"Don't give me that bullshit. Every single citizen of the Philippines knows me."

"Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you but I don't! Hindi kita kilala. Kaya let me go now while I am still asking nicely. Because I'm telling you, I'll have you rot in jail here kapag hindi mo ako pinakawalan. This is kidnapping and sexual harassment!" 

Sasagot pa sana ito nang biglang bumukas ang pintuan ng silid. Sabay kaming napabaling doon. I saw another man walk in. 

He must be James, I thought. Yung backup na tinawagan nito kanina. 

He's good looking, as well. Iyon ang unang-una kong napansin. He's more of the tall, moreno, and handsome type. Itong nang-harass sa akin kasi maputi. Papasa na nga itong Chinese o Korean. 

"Anyare, Louie? What's the problem?" ang agad ng tanong nung James pagkapasok na pagkapasok ng silid.

So his name is Louie, huh? Louie pala ang pangalan ng damuhong 'to.

Nabaling ang mga mata nung James sa akin. Medyo nagulat pa ito nang makita ako. 

"Who is she?" anito na ang mga mata'y sa akin nakatingin.

"That's for you to find out," ang sabi nung Louie sabay bitaw ng marahas sa aking kamay. "At kung sino ang nag-utos sa kaniya para sundan ako."

He spun around and went directly out of the door. Leaving me alone with the man who just came in, 'yong James.

He looked at me from head to foot before he heaved a deep sigh. Pagkatapos ay may kinuha ito mula sa kung saan.

It was a checkbook.

"Okay, how much do you want?" he asked as he took a pen out of his pocket. 

What? What a pair of weird people! Bakit naman ako hihingi ng pera sa kanila?