Fifty-Two: Missing Him

[Shanghai, China]

My phone was ringing. I automatically got excited when I saw that it was Louie who was calling me.

"Ni hao," I said as soon as I answered his call.

"Where are you?" he asked in his usual authoritative tone.

"I'm here in my hotel room."

"Is the seminar done?"

"For today, yes. Like a couple of hours ago."

I'm here in Shanghai to attend a seminar. My proposal was approved so in preparation, I had to come to this seminar on app launching and such. There's a whole team who's gonna work on the app development itself but I need to, at least, have an idea on the whole process in general.

Although they said that having a background in medicine gives me an advantage, basically since the app that we're planning to develop will deal with human vital signs, emotions, and more.

"Where's Huifen?"

Huifen is the ThinkSoft employee who came with me here in Shanghai for this 5-day seminar. We're on our fourth day right now.

One more day and we're going back to Beijing. The thought was making me excited.

No, not going home but seeing Louie specifically. I miss him so, so bad.

"She went out. She said she's meeting up with some friends," sabi ko. "She actually invited me to tag along. I declined. Sabi ko dito na lang ako sa hotel."

"That's good."

"Why? You don't want me to go out and have fun?" I said just to tease him.

Napaka-seryoso na naman kasi ng tono nito. Kaya parang gusto kong kulitin.

"Maybe some other time but not today."

"And may I ask why --- " Biglang tumunog ang door buzzer. "Wait, I think my dinner's here. Hold on."

I went to the door with my phone in hand and opened it without bothering to check who was there.

And to say that I am beyond shock to see who it was was an understatement.

It was Louie. In the flesh.

He's standing right outside my door!

"Because I'm coming?" he said, to answer my question earlier.

I was so excited to see him that I practically jumped on him.

He was really tall but adrenaline took over. I was able to jump on him in a single attempt. My arms clung to his neck while my legs instinctively wrapped around his waist.

"Ohmygod! You're here!" I giggled excitedly as I buried my face on his broad shoulders, inhaling his natural scent as much as I could.

I missed this man soooo much!

I heard someone giggle from his back at saka kung lang napansin si James. He was standing right behind Louie.

"OMG!" I said as I felt the blood rush to my face.

I tried to get off Louie but he grabbed my bottom, preventing me from getting off him.

"Go away!" baling nito kay James.

Muli lang natawa si James. Hindi ko malaman kung saan ako titingin, hiyang-hiya ako.

"Don't forget that we're meeting a client in like two hours," James said as he tried to maintain a poker face.