Eighty-Four: A Lifetime With You

[Tokyo, Japan]

"Catch me, daddy! Catch me!" Loulou passed by me sprinting with Louie running after her. 

He was, of course, just stalling behind on purpose. But that didn't stop Loulou from running with all her might while giggling aloud. The excitement in her eyes, as well as in her voice, was enough to fill my heart with so much love. 

It was our fourth and last day here in Japan. We already went to Tokyo Disneyland and Legoland as promised to Loulou. At dahil nga wala na naman kaming gagawin today, we just decided to "walk around" and just spend the day unplanned. 

So here we are, in one of Tokyo's most visited nature parks, enjoying the beautiful autumn weather. Everything was painted in vibrant shades of orange, red, yellow, and brown. Such happy vibes. 

And with the love of my life running around me while laughing their hearts out, there's nothing else I can ask for. I feel like I am living a dream already. 

Yes, natuloy din sa wakas ang pinapangarap kong Japan trip. It was Louie's post graduation gift to me. And, of course, Loulou's belated birthday celebration, too. 

Louie showed me the tickets a few weeks after I had finally graduated from medical school. Yes, I am officially a doctor now although I still have to take further studies for my specialisation. It took me longer to get to this point but the reason for the delay is all worth it. 

This trip was the best gift I have ever received. Not just because I've always dreamed of visiting Japan but most especially because I am coming here with the most important people in my life. And seeing them happy makes me the happiest, as well. I couldn't ask for more. 

Nakuha ang aking atensyon ng masayang tawanan mula sa hindi kalayuan. I looked around and saw a group of young foreigners, probably in their 20s. They must be a group of friends who were travelling together. They looked like they're having so much fun goofing around while taking pictures and videos of each other. They had my attention for a while that I hadn't noticed when Louie and Loulou were gone out of my sight. 

Nagpalinga-linga ako. Where did they go? 

Nandito lang yung mga yun kanina, eh. Naghahabulan. Ta's biglang nawala na lang. 

"Loulou, darling?" I started calling out loud while looking around. "Louie! Loulou, baby?"

I still couldn't see them. I took my phone from my pocket and started calling Louie's number. Nagri-ring lang pero wala namang sumasagot. 

I started typing a message. 

Hey! Where are you? 

Sent. 

I waited for a reply to come. Wala. 

I know I have no reason to get anxious but I couldn't help it. I am starting to get uneasy. 

Where did they go? 

"Louie? Loulou?" I started searching the place. 

Ayoko namang lumayo at baka bumalik ang mga 'to ta's 'di ako makita. 

My heart was starting to beat double time when I heard a familiar voice calling out for me. 

"Mommy!" 

I turned around and saw Loulou running towards me. She was all smiles. 

Medyo nakahinga ako nang maluwag. I crouched to the ground to welcome her in a hug. 

"Where have you been, baby? I was looking for you? Where did daddy go?" ang sunod-sunod kong tanong dito. 

But instead of giving me an answer, she just giggled.