Eighty-Five: Finale

[Netherlands]

We had our wedding ceremony more than a month after Louie's proposal. It was held in a small, ancient chapel. The ceremony was private and very intimate. Only some of our family members and our closest friends were there. It was very simple --- no media coverage, no press releases, no nothing --- just the way I like it.

My mom, along with my sisters and stepdad, flew all the way from Spain to attend our wedding. At para ma-meet na din si Loulou sa personal. They only see each other through video calls.

Francine, with her wife, Collete, who were still living in France, came to attend our wedding, too.

Even Luke, as busy as he is, flew from the US to play the role of Louie's best man.

Mei also flew from China to witness our special day.

All-in-all, it was such a happy and intimate event. The embodiment of my dream wedding in every way.

We spent our honeymoon in Paris. Gift ni Alexandria since hindi nga ito nakadalo. We stayed there for three days and two nights. Umuwi din kami ng Netherlands agad dahil, aside sa nami-miss na namin agad si Loulou, busy din kami pareho. But it was 3-days-and-2-nights well spent. We had so much fun kasama ang isa't-isa.

"Are you happy?" ang tanong sa akin ni Louie isang gabi nung 'di kami makatulog agad pareho.

We were back in our home in the Netherlands, just lying on our bed together, limbs tangled, talking about some random topics that came to mind.

We were married for three months already.

"Yeah, of course. Why would you think I'm not?" ang sagot ko dito.

"Wala lang," anito. "Baka lang kasi may gusto kang puntahan o gawin. I dunno." He seemed like he had something serious to tell me pero nag-aalangan ito.

Umatras ako ng konti upang tingnan ito sa mukha. His eyes were fixed on the ceiling of our bedroom.

"I don't think I am following," I said.

He heaved a deep sigh. "You know, I've always felt like you've been doing all the sacrifices to make this relationship work. Parang andami mong binago sa buhay mo to fit mine. You moved to China for me. Then I have to drag and keep you here in the Netherlands, against your will, for my selfish reasons."

"Louie, it's not like that ---"

"No, listen to me, love," ang putol nito sa sinasabi ko, turning my way to meet my gaze. "I think I'm ready." There was determination in his eyes.

"Ready for what?" I asked.

"To face my fears head on. It's unfair na dinadamay kita, kayo ni Loulou, sa mga takot ko."

What he said hit me hard. It took me a couple of seconds to fully absorb what it means. Nagpakurap-kurap ako nang makahuma.

I then leaned closer to him, buried my face on his chest, and hugged him real tight. I am starting to get emotional. "I'm so proud of you, love. You're doing so well. Thank you so much for trying."

"I couldn't do it without you," he murmured against my hair. "So, thank you. Thank you for believing in me and for pushing me to go back to therapy. It helped me a lot."

"No, baby. It was all because of you," I disagreed. "All I did is to remind you to go back to your therapy. But you did all the hard work, love. That was all because of you and you alone," I said while hugging him tight.