Special Chapter

[Beijing, China]

"To receive the award for Digital Innovation of the Year, let me call on ThinkSoft CEO, Mr. Louie Alexander del Rosario!" the host announced. 

I felt myself grinning wide as I watched Louie, looking so hot in his tuxedo, went up the stage to receive the award. Malakas akong pumapalakpak na hindi rin naman halos marinig dahil sa mas malakas na palakpakan sa buong paligid. But I couldn't care any less. I still clapped as hard as I could until my palms started to sting. 

We were here at one of the biggest award giving bodies in China that recognizes the most successful innovations in Science and Technology. At isa nga si Louie sa mga tatanggap ng awards sa hapong ito. 

"The 'Love Bond' has come a very long way," Louie started. 

The buzz around the venue immediately stopped the moment he spoke. 

He looked so poised and so in control right there on the stage. He was meant to stand in front of everyone, no doubt. And words were not enough to express how proud I am of him. Of my husband for six years now. There was not a single day when I didn't feel lucky to have him in my life. 

"But seeing how the 'Love Bond' is now doing what we had exactly envisioned when we started the project, we at ThinkSoft were just so happy that we didn't give up on it. Everything the 'Love Bond' had to go through --- it was definitely all worth it. Seeing how it was saving lives and relationships now. As it should." Louie paused. 

"But of course, I couldn't let this  opportunity pass without saying thank you to my beautiful and amazing wife, Dr. Aerabella del Rosario, probably the hottest neurosurgeon you'll ever meet ---"

They were giggles from the audience. Some guests even turned to look at me. 

I lightly shook my head while trying to contain my smile. He really never misses an opportunity to make my heart flutter. And it's amazing how easy he could do it even after being married to him for six years now. Eleven if you count the first time we got married. 

"Without her, the birth of the 'Love Bond' won't be possible," Louie continued. "This is her brain baby. Imagine how her 23-year-old self came up with the whole 'Love Bond' idea so she could better understand me during the first few years of our complicated relationship not knowing that it would actually save a lot of relationships and lives in the future."

There were some more giggles from the audience. My cheeks felt warm but my heart was bursting with so much pride and happiness. 

"You're amazing, baby! This is for you. I love you," Louie said as he raised the award. He was doing eye contact with me from across the stage. 

Muli ay malakas na nagpalakpalan ang mga naroroon. At isa na ako sa mga yun. 

One year ago, ThinkSoft was able to finally launch the 'Love Bond'. And it has proven to be a success ever since. 

Hindi naman nagtagal yung 'Love Band' na ni-launch ng competitor years ago. The device was a total failure. It was proven to have so many lapses. Hindi man lang ito inabot ng two years sa market before it was completely pulled out. 

It had created a lot of buzz during that time because of the wrong reasons. That's when the news about the whole idea being stolen from ThinkSoft broke out. There was even an interview with Huefin exposing the whole thing. It was a whole circus way back then. 

It took ThinkSoft a lot of years to decide to work on the project again. And a little more than one year ago, the new 'Love Bond' --- better in so many ways with more advanced features --- was finally launched. And it took the market by storm, making one of the most, if not the most, successful projects ThinkSoft had ever released.