Eighty-Three: When Things Start to Fall Into Place

I softly knocked on the door to the study, which Louie had been using as his office since he came here. I heard a low "come in" from inside so I slowly pushed the door open to avoid creating so much noise. I know that he's in the middle of a video conference with the rest of DRGC's major shareholders at ayoko namang makaistorbo.

I was about to subtly inform him that I'm now leaving for the hospital when something caught my attention. I covered my mouth with my own hand, to avoid myself from giggling aloud.

Pano, naka-polo at blazer nga ito sa pang-itaas pero naka-pantulog na shorts naman sa ibaba, paired with some cartoon-printed socks and slippers. He looked so cute.

I immediately took my phone out to snap a couple of photos of him. I couldn't help it.

"What?" he said aloud, probably confused on why I am cracking up.

I pointed at his computer but he said, "Don't worry, I put my mic on mute."

"Wala, ang cute mo lang kasing tingnan dyan sa outfit mo," ang nakangising kong wika. "Anyway, I gotta go. See you later, love."

I blew him a kiss. Ngunit bago ko pa magawang isarang muli ang pintuan ng study, narinig ko itong sumigaw ng "Wait!"

I turned to him, brows raised.

"Give me a minute. I'll drive you to the hospital," anito bago bumaling sa computer na nasa harapan nito. He clicked on something, probably to unmute his mic, before he spoke, "I'm sorry but I need to go ahead. Please enjoy the rest of the day, everyone."

And he left the conference call.

"You don't really have to do that. Hindi mo naman kailangang mag-leave sa meeting para lang ihatid ako sa ospital. I know how to drive, remember?" I said when we were already on our way to the hospital.

He was driving the car. He had changed into something more casual (and less funny outfit combination), thankfully.

"But I would love to. When I said I wanna serve you 24/7, I mean it," ang seryuso nitong wika habang nakatuon sa kalsada ang paningin.

I chuckled. "You can't really be serious."

"But I am," he said as he threw me a quick glance before he fixed his eyes on the road again. "Being your house husband is a very important position and I need to take my role seriously."

Mas malakas akong natawa. "You're crazy."

"But seriously, Aera. Let me make it up to you," anito habang busy sa pagmamaneho. "Since you've met me, parang ikaw na lang lagi ang nag-a-adjust for me. You've basically changed a lot of things in your life to fit mine. Just let me make it up to you, okay?" He turned to look at me quickly before he fixed his eyes on the road again.

Hearing him say that suddenly brought a warm feeling in my chest.

"Stop saying that. You're making me cry," ang sabi ko sa tila pabirong paraan para pagtakpan ang sariling nararamdaman. Because I really feel like crying, ramdam ko na ang paninikip ng sariling lalamunan.

"You deserve it, baby." He took my hand and brought it to his lips, pressing a long kiss on the back of my hand. "You deserve my time and all of me."

He didn't let go of my hand. He was holding mine while driving with his other hand.

"Is it really okay that you left in the middle of the meeting?" ang sabi ko pagkuwan.

"Yup," ang mabilis nitong sagot. "Kaya na ni Alexandria yun. I told you, I would like to have minimal participation in the company. I wanna spend my time on more important things." He smiled at me.