Thirty-Five: His and His Alone

Louie dragged me inside the yacht and along the corridor between the row of cabins. It reminded me of the first time we met where he dragged me inside his hotel room, too.

I had so much to ask him but judging on how mad he looked, I decided to wait for a little bit.

He opened one of the cabins and lightly pushed me inside before he went after me and locked the door behind us.

I faced him. He was fuming with anger. His face was all red, halatang nakainom ito.

"Louie, please calm down. You're drunk," I said.

"I'm not drunk!" he snapped at me.

"Ano ba kasing nangyayari?" ang sabi ko dito, trying to make my tone as calm as possible.

Alam kong walang maidudulot kung magalit din ako. He must have reasons to feel this way. At iyon ang gusto kong malaman.

"You're all over the internet!" asik nito.

"Me? But why?"

"With James," he added instead of answering my question.

I could see that he was trying to control his emotions, too.

"With James?" I parrotted.

He grabbed his phone from his pocket and basically tossed it in my direction. Buti nalang at nasalo ko.

Is Louie Alexander del Rosario's wife cheating on him with his assistant?

There was a photo of me and James smiling at each other in a coffee shop.

"What the hell is this?" ang tanging nasabi ko, digesting the caption on the said photo.

"Exactly my question. What the hell is that?" He glowered at me.

"Do you seriously believe what's written there?" I asked him back. Frustrated.

"So you're telling me that you're just casually hanging out together?" he scoffed at me. "Di naman ako na-inform, ganun na pala kayo ka-close?"

Nanunuya ang mga tingin nito.

"It's not that..."

"Then what is it, dammit!" Nag-echo ang malakas nitong boses sa apat na sulok ng cabin.

Medyo napaatras ako. I've never seen him this mad and I'm starting to get scared. This other side of him is completely new to me.

"Answer me, dammit! What the fuck is going on between you and James?!" ang muli nitong sigaw nang 'di ako sumagot.

"Are you gonna answer me or I'm gonna break that asshole's neck?!" anito bago bumaling sa may pintuan.

He looked like he was about to go out kaya agad kong iniharang ang sarili ko sa pintuan.

"C'mon, Louie! Stop acting like a kid!" I shouted at him.

Mas lalong itong nanggalaiti sa galit. He grabbed the phone from my hand and smashed it on the floor.

Saglit akong napapikit sa takot.

"Don't tell me what to do! Have you forgotten that I am your boss?!" he shouted at me again.

He was raising a finger on my face.

He was standing just a few inches from me. He was basically towering over me. I felt so small and so fragile. It felt like he could crush me with his bare hands.

With my back against the cabin door, I felt trapped.

"You are mine, don't you ever forget that!" He was glowering down on me. "As long as you're tied in a contract with me, you are mine! You are not supposed to hang out with any other men! You're not even allowed to look at other men but me! Naiintindihan mo?! You're mine and mine alone! I own you, Aerabella! I own you!"

Nagpanting ang aking mga tenga sa sinabi nito.

"Two years lang ng buhay ko ang binayaran mo at hindi ang buo kong pagkatao!" I pushed him on the chest.

I was about to escape from him when he grabbed my hand and spun me around to face him again. At bago pa ako nakahuma, he cupped my face with both of his hands and claimed my mouth in a swift movement.

He started kissing me on the mouth brutally. I was shocked. Saglit akong 'di nakagalaw. Pakiramdam ko'y nanigas lahat ng kalamnan ko sa katawan.

His big hands were holding my face obsessively, giving me no chance to escape.

His kisses were hard and punishing. It was both intoxicating and terrifying.

My hands were planted on his broad chest.

When I finally had the courage, I pushed him away with all the strength that I have. He's huge so it wasn't an easy task.

Bahagya itong napaatras. I took the chance to slap him real hard on the face.

Pareho kami ng nagulat.

I saw as shock registered on his face. Pati ako nagulat sa ginawa kong iyon.

"Get out," anito sa mas mahinang tono.

"Louie, I'm so sorry --- "

"I said, get out!"

Saglit akong napapikit sa lakas ng boses nito.

"I'm sorry for causing this scandal," I said in a low voice. "I didn't mean to cause you trouble. I'm so sorry. It's my fault. Please don't blame, James. Wala siyang kinalaman dito. It was all my ---"

Hindi ko natapos ang sasabihin ko dahil bigla nitong sinuntok ang pintuan sa aking likuran.

For a second, I really thought he's going to hit me.

"Stop... defending... that... asshole," he said through clenched teeth. "Get out."

He was still raging with anger but this time, I am no longer scared of him. Looking at his eyes and seeing pain there drive away all the fear that I felt earlier.

Instead of running away from him, I suddenly felt the urge of hugging him tight and telling him that everything's okay.

"Get out!" ang pag-uulit nito nang 'di ako sumagot.

I heaved a deep sigh. I guess it's best that I give him some space for now. I'll just talk to him later.

Dahan-dahan akong pumihit patalikod. My hand was about to turn the knob open when I heard someone knocking from outside the cabin door.

"Louie." Boses ni James. "Talk to me. Ako'ng kausapin mo at 'wag si Aera."

I was about to pull the door open when Louie grabbed my arm and spun me around to face him again.

And before I knew it, he was claiming my mouth again. He was kissing me!

The kiss was demanding but not as punishing as earlier. It was as if his kisses were pleading. Pleading me to kiss him back.

And kiss him back, I did. I instantly tasted wine from his mouth and it made the kiss even more intoxicating.

Emotions took over me. My arms made their way to his neck to pull him down.

He took it as a sign to deepen the kiss even more.

And as we heard James' constant knocking from outside, mas lalo pa nitong hinigpitan ang pagkakahapit sa aking bewang. It was as if he's telling me that I am not going anywhere. I am staying right here in his arms and under his captivating kisses.

Not that I have any plan of going anywhere. Because right at this instance, I felt like this is where I truly belong.