chapter 17

Xavier was driving silently. Looking at her direction once in a while. Grace was curled up on her seat, sobbing silently. He parked his car in front of her house. Xavier rose his hand and stroke her hair slowly. Her body become stiff sensing his hand on her.

"Stop crying, love. It hurts me to see you crying like this." He cooed in her ear. She looked up at him through her teary eyes. She wiped her eyes with back of her hand trying to clear her blurry vision. Once she was able to look clearly she saw outside of the window. He gently cupped her chin and make her look towards him.

" I really don't want to leave you but i have to deal with some important things. I'll see you tomorrow. " He spoke softly, stroking her cheeks lovingly. She opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out instead she nodded her head. She was eager to get away from him. She hoped to not see him again tomorrow. She started to get out of his car fastly but he again grabbed her jaw and pecked her lips unexpectedly.

She looked at him suprised at the sudden kiss. He laughed at her reaction and grabbed her hand. He placed a gentle kiss on top of the back of her hand. "If you look at me like this, I won't be able to control myself to leave you, Bella." He whispered huskily moving her caramel hair strand out of her face. She quickly composed herself and dashed out of his car.

He chuckled at her behaviour. "So innocent." He whispered to himself. He waited till she reached inside her apartment. When he saw her slamming her door shut he finally started to drive towards his warehouse. he was eager to get his hand on that fucker who betrayed him. He can't take any risk now as he has someone important to protect. His Grace.

Grace slammed the door shut and sat down on the couch feeling defeated. She felt like she has no control on her life anymore. All the hope of getting away from him has been crushed down by him. No tear came out of her eyes. She just sit there in numbness. Her phone started to ring, bringing her out of her trance.

She shakily pulled out her phone from her purse and looked at the caller ID. It was emily. She took a deep breath trying to calm herself. She picked up her phone and before she could say something, a loud voice came from the other side. "You forgot about me after you get a boyfriend. Grace." She said trying to sound serious in a joking manner. Grace panicked thinking that she's serious. She started to stutter trying to explain herself.

"N-o no! I-i was j-just..b-bu-sy" Grace replied in her defence. Emily couldn't control her laugh anymore and bursted out laughing. Grace understood now that she was just teasing her. She sighed and mumbled "i hate you, em. You always tease me like this."

Emily sheepishly smiled and said "hey Gii, I'm sorry. It's just that you're too cute to tease." Grace huffed in annoyance, forgetting about her predicament for a while. "So, he's being good to you?" Em asked making her remember about him again.

Grace become silent for a second before replying "y-yes. He's n-nice." She lied through her gritted teeth. However emily wasn't convinced. "Are you saying the truth? I don't know why i just don't feel right about this." Emily said in a serious tone this time.

Grace was flustered for a second before she asked softly"what do you mean, em?"
"Look grace, i don't mean to make you feel insecure but the way he looks at you make me feel very weird. He looks at you like you are his prey. I don't know how to explain this but do you know some people says he's in to some mafia shit? He's very powerful and dangerous. Gi" emily sighed.

Grace understood what she said. Grace wanted to tell her the truth but she don't want her to get into trouble so she lied again "i understand your concern about me, emily. But i feel good with him. He wouldn't h-harm me..."

"I know gi. That's why i was hesitant to tell you but after listening to you i feel somewhat relieved. Just take care of yourself. Okay? And call me if he ever starts to trouble you. I'll kick him where the sun doesn't shine" Emily said.

Grace laughed "yes. I will." She replied. Emily finally after being convinced ended the call. Grace broke down again after ending the call. She felt bad for lying to her best friend.

After her small crying episode She went in the washroom took a hot shower calming her nerves down and changed into her pyjamas. She quickly made herself some instant noodles as she was starving. She haven't had anything since morning. She sat down on her bed and pulled out her laptop on her lap. She quickly opened up the searching tab and typed down his name.

"Xavier Knight" she tapped on the search button and begin to wait in anticipation. In a couple of seconds a lot of articles, photos and news came up infront of her. She stared at his photo. It was him. The devil who made her life hell. He looked so cold even in the picture. A shiver ran down her spine looking at his eyes. She quickly scroll down to the piece of articles.

There was numerous articles about his succesful companies. His supposedly illegal businesses. His relationships. She curiously scanned through every article she can find to know more about him. He owns a lot of bars, restaurants. He's ceo of the Knight&co. He's the most eligible bachelor in town. He has dated supermodels and actresses too. Bla bla

There where Few article about his illegal businesses. Some people had accused him of drugs trafficking and murders but none of them were able to prove it. And all those people have been killed anonymously. Nobody has been able to find out who the killer is.

Nobody has ever found any evidence against him. He's too powerful and cunning to get caught.

After reading all these pieces of news, grace have become more fearful of him. Although one thought has been running through her head. Why is he forcing this on her when he can date supermodels and actress. She wondered why is he behind her when he can get anyone he wants to. With thoughts running in her mind, sleep engulfed her.