Chapter 41

"margaret?" Grace said getting margaret's attention back on her as she was looking outside the garden from the window.

"Yes dear" she replied.

"Um... D-do you know alessandro..?" Grace asked, his name felt foreign on her tongue.

Margaret's eyes widen in suprise. She kept her tea cup back on the table and cleared her throat before asking "why are you asking about him and where did you heard his name?"

Grace opened her mouth to say something but shut it back not knowing how to explain to her, margaret's sudden panicked state made her more nervous as she fidgets her fingers on her lap.

"U-uh... I.. w-we met him yesterday." Grace told her half the truth.

Margaret sighed and said "don't talk about him or take his name in front of sir."

"Why?" Grace asked curiously.

"It's a long story plus it's not my place to tell you about this." Margaret said. An awkward silence fell between them.

Grace's curiosity has increased more after hearing Margaret's words. She wanted to know how do they know each other and why do they hate each other this much. She wanted to talk to alessandro, she wants to ask him why did he lie to her.

She had so many questions to ask but no answer and that frustrated her to no extent.

"I know it's not my place to say this but please dear, try to understand sir. He has suffered a lot since he was a kid so he doesn't know how to love." Margaret spoke up after what felt like an eternity.

"Anybody can tell that he really loves you. Just give him a chance to open up and some time to learn, how to love." She continued while grace listened, not uttering a word.

"I'll be get going." Margaret said and left her alone when she didn't get any reply from grace.

Grace sat there looking outside the window, engrossed in her thoughts when she felt someone's presence near her.

A strong familiar cologne invades her nose making her body stiff.

Her hair fell down on her waist as he pulls the pin out from her hair which was holding them in place.

She still didn't turn around or acknowledged his presence. He put his arms under her knees and another one on her back pulling her up.

She yelp and hold onto his shoulder unconsciously "w-what are you doi-" before she could finish he shushed her.

She shut her mouth and let him do whatever he wants to.

He took her back into their bedroom and sat her down on the chair, he pulled out a hair dryer from the drawer and startes to dry her hair gently.

"You will catch a cold if you keep your wet hair tied up." Xavier says.

She stayed silent, looking down while his eyes were set on her.

When he was done with drying her hair he kneels down in front of her, cupping her cheeks in his warm hands he asks "what were you thinking about?"

"Um..Nothing" she said looking down at her lap.

"Tell me."

"W-where did you go this morning..?" She asks staring back at him.

He chuckles "were you missing me?" He teased her.

She felt her face heating up as she  looked away.

"N-no.. i-i was just wondering.." she trailed off.