Chapter 36

"Oh! How rude of me. I didn't even ask you guys to sit. Come here, I'll prepare something special for you guys to eat." Laura said dragging grace with her, Xavier followed them.

They sat down on a table at the corner.

"What do you wanna eat, darling" laura asked grace.

"Um.. anything is fine.." grace said smiling not wanting to seem rude.

"No non veg for us." xavier chimed in.

"Okay. I'll be back in a while, you guys enjoy." Laura said before making her way to the kitchen.

Grace watched everyone laughing and enjoying their time with their family members or friends. She felt sad, she missed her life before him. She don't have a family neither she was rich but she was happy and content in her life with a few people in them who actually cared about her.
She wondered if they missed her or tried to find her? Or probably they have already forgotten about her.

It was a small cafe with not too many people in there but the vibe was nice and cozy unlike the fancy restaurants he took her before.

"I used to come here with my mother. Laura was my mum's best friend." Xavier said getting back her attention.

"Where is your mom..?" Grace asked. She wanted to know more about him. He has never talked about his family before.

He clenched his fist hearing her question and replied in a dead voice "she died."

"Oh..i am sorry.." grace said not knowing what to say.

"It's fine. Let's just enjoy our time." Xavier said getting back into his usual self.

"What were you thinking about?" Xavier asks.

"Um..i-i...i miss everyone back there.." grace said truthfully. She missed the childrens, emily.. everyone.

"You will get used to it." Xavier said nonchalantly.

Grace wanted to snap at him, yell at him but kept silent not wanting to anger him again.

Laura came back with their food. She placed it on the table and left them alone.

Grace mouth watered as she saw all the delicacies sitting in front of her. She digged in as xavier watched her amused.