Chapter 40

Grace came out of the shower feeling somewhat relaxed as warm water has soothe her tensed muscles.

She felt tired and wanted to go back to sleep but was afraid of defying him so she throw on a turtle neck top, not wanting anyone to see all those love bites on her neck along with a legging.

She pull her wet hair up in a messy bun. She stares at her reflection in the mirror and sighed, turning on her heels ready to go down.

She turns the door knob and this time it opened up. She peeks her head out to see if anyone was there but the whole corridor was empty.

Grace quietly came out of the room closing the door behind her, she made her way downstairs. Her steps halted in front of the large dinning table, there was no one sitting there.

"Where's he?" She thought, not that she was missing him but the mansion was awfully quite.

She was deep in her thoughts when someone put their hand on her shoulder breaking her from the trance, she winced and turned around to find margaret standing there.

"Oh my! I am sorry i didn't meant to  scare you.." Margaret said feeling bad.

Grace shook her head in negative saying "n-no... It's just...i-i was thinking about something.."

Margaret smiled and said gently "okay sweetie, come have your breakfast."

Grace nodded her head and sat down on one of the chair as margaret filled her plate with all kind of food, fruits and juices.

She began to retrieve back to the kitchen leaving grace all alone.

"M-margaret! Can you stay?" Grace asked not wanting to be alone.

"Of course." Margaret replied and plop down next to her on another chair.

Margaret told her about her family and kids and grace was listening to her quietly, chewing on her food.

"How was your date last night?" Margaret asked all of a sudden.
Grace stops eating, her body tensed at her question.

"Umm..i-it was g-good." She replied stuttering.

Margaret glanced at her with her furrowed brows "did something happened?" She asked.
Margaret didn't know anything that happened last night as she was on leave.

Grace shook her head in no and mumbled "nothing happened."

Margaret felt something was wrong, she knew that grace was lying as she's a terrible liar but she dropped it not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable.

They sat in an awkward silence after their small chit chat.

Grace clears her throat before asking her "where's he?"

"He left an hour ago. He looked tensed and was in a hurry." Margaret replied.

Grace could care less about his worries She just wanted to make sure that he wasn't home so she could get some time alone.

"I.. will be in the library." Grace said getting up as she was done.

"Okay dear, Tell me if you need anything." Margaret said to which she nodded her head and walked off to the library.

She went inside inhaling in the familiar scent of books. She began to look through the large book shelves trying to find a good read.

The library was filled with all sort of books, fiction, non fiction, mystery & murder and many more genre, making it her favourite place in the entire mansion.

She as a kid, was always fond of reading as it takes her to another world. She can see the perspective of other people's through books. She truly believed that a good book can change your life, for good.