Chapter 37

"Gina.." he spoke up bewildered.

She looks up at his face. He looks more handsome and built than before. His sleeves were rolled up showing his arms which were covered in tattoos. It was not there, before.

"Take him to selena" Michael said as he handed enzo to one of the other men.

She stares back at the child who was already half asleep. His facial features were somewhat similar to michael's. "Maybe it's his child?" She thought to herself as she feels her heart breaks. He has already forgotten about her. He has moved on in his life and happily married with a kid. His wife must be beautiful and confident to match his aura, not someone like her.

She remembers every word that they said to her when she was with him in the past. They were right. He would not love someone like her. He was just bored or maybe wanted to play with her feelings and make a fool out of herself in front of everyone.

She was the quiet nerd kind of kid in highschool. She didn't have any friends. He was the first friend that she made in her highschool. She was beyond happy when he asked her to be his girlfriend. He always cared for her, protected her from those bullies.

Her eyes welled up as everything came back crashing down to her. She stumbled backwards as he calls her name again.

"Gina. Listen to me!" He said as he took a step forward to her.

"Don't call me that" she said in a broken voice.

"Why do you always call me Gina? That's not my name. My name is Grace" she said pouting.

He pulls her cheeks softly as he chuckles at her cute behaviour.

"I know your name but i like calling you gina. In italian, gina means queen.
You're my queen, that's why i call you gina." He said staring at her adoringly.

"Haha! You're so childish. We are just kids, no king and queen!" She said as she laughed at his silly comment.

"I will make you my queen, one day." He said as he tickles her and she burst out in an uncontrollable laughter.

She recalls those memories. It hurts her heart.

"Please, listen to me." He pleaded but she was not ready to listen anything. She stepped back but before she could get away he took large strides towards her and grabbed her arm.

She hissed painfully. He frowned and looked down, there was a hand mark imprinted on her arm which has turned red.

Michael glared at the guy who held her before. He shrunk back in fear.

"Look at me, gina." He said as he caresses her arm.

She shut her eyes tightly not wanting to look at his brown eyes. She don't want to show him how weak and vulnerable she is, how much it still hurts or how much she still cares for him.

His mens were watching him suprised at how gently he was talking to her. They have not seen him talking to anyone except his family like this.

Michael gently pushes her hair back which were sticking to her wet face and neck. His eyes caught up on the love bites on her neck.

"What is this?" He growled out. She snapped open her eyes at his sudden change of tone.

She stares at his eyes which were glowing in anger. She trembles as he reminds her of xavier. His anger which was radiating off of his body was same as xavier. She felt scared, he was not the same michael that she knew before.