chapter 24

Grace's step came to a halt when she saw a familiar form standing in front of her. Her breathing stopped for a moment thinking that she's dreaming about him but it wasn't a dream. He was standing right there, in real.

Michael. Her ex boyfriend.

A tear escape down her eyes when she saw a women was clinging to his arm. his face was stoic and expression less. He looks much more mature and intimidating than he looked before.

He's still as handsome as ever he was but he's much more built and strong than before. The playfulness in his brown orbs has disappeared.

She thought that she has moved on from him. She will not be able to see him again in this lifetime. She has forgotten about him but all it took was a glance at him to bring back all her past memories with him. She genuinely loved him and she probably still does.

She stumbled back looking at them. There were paparazzi around them, asking questions, clicking photos of them from every angle impatiently. She couldn't understand a thing what they said as most of the questions were in Italian language.

She was confused to see paparazzi surrounding him. Is he a celebrity? What he's doing here? Why did he left her without any explanation? So many questions were running in her mind that she almost forgot about escaping from her nightmare.

A hand clamp around her mouth from behind and she instantly realises who it is. She began to thrash around in his hold but he injected a syringe in her neck making her go limp in his arms.

She glanced at michael one last time before closing her eyes.

Xavier quickly picked her up and began to walk towards his car. He didn't want paparazzi to know about his arrival in there. He don't want anyone else to know about her. Not when his biggest rival is also present there. Alessandro. (Michael)

He got inside his car and started to drive towards his mansion.
They reached there after a couple of hour. Grace was still unconscious. He picked her up and took her to their room.

He carried her inside. Everyone in the mansion looked at her curiously. He has never bought a women to the mansion. All the maids and guard were genuinely curious about this new face.

He halted in front of stairs and turned around "she's the future mistress of here. Pay the same attention and respect to her that you give to me or else you know the consequences" he said in his intimidating voice.

Everyone nodded their head in unison muttering a small yes under their breath.

He turned around and made his way upstairs towards his room. He laid her down on the bed putting a blanket over her body. He pecked her hand before leaving her alone in the room to complete some of his paperwork.

Grace woke up with a stinging pain in her head. The drugs, stress and everything that's going on in her life has made her migraine pain worse.

She blinked her eyes a few times to clear her vision. She sat up on the bed looking around the room. She slowly got out of bed and walked towards the door.

She turned the knob but it was of no use. The door was locked. She slammed her fist on the door and screamed "open the door...let me go"

She kept screaming but no one came to her rescue. She moved away from the door and scanned the room with her scared hazel orbs.

There was a door to her left, she went towards it. She turned the door knob and it opened revealing a gorgeous bathroom. She closed the door and look around to see there was a glass window hidden under the curtains.

She opened the curtains and saw majestic view of outside of the mansion. They were in between of nowhere. All she could see is trees and sky.