Chapter 30

Xavier came back stumbling a little. He reeked of alcohol, he opened the door to find his gattina curled up in a corner of the bed. He went inside closing the door silently not wanting to wake her up.

He went inside the bathroom to take a shower and sober up. After half an hour he came back wearing a black armani suit, pant with a white shirt underneath.

He stepped in front of her sleeping form, she was sleeping soundly. He stared at her innocent face, her luscious lips which were parted a little and the mark on her neck which has turned into a light purple shade.

He applied an ointment on her neck gently in soothing circles. She stirred in her sleep but didn't wake up. She was a heavy sleeper.

He has to go to a business trip to Milan. He can't take her there with him as it can be dangerous for her. She's safe here in mansion. He pecked her lips before leaving. He told margaret to take care of her and not to wake her up early.

Grace woke up with a parched throat and an excruciating pain in her head. She rub her eyes clearing her vision, she glanced at the clock.

11:30am it showed. She stood up with her wobbly legs cursing at herself for how long and peacefully she slept at her captor's home, oblivious of any danger. She glanced around the room to see any trace of him but he wasn't there.

The sound of door opening make her froze in her spot thinking that it's him. She turned her head around hastily to see margaret coming in with a tray full of food in her hands.

She sighed in relief seeing her and not him. She didn't want to face him again ever but she knew it was not possible.

Margaret set the plate on the table beside the couch. She stared at Grace's face. It looked like she cried whole night and those marks on her neck has reduced a little but it was still there, evident of what happened last night.

She felt a tinge of guilt in her heart for not being able to save her. She looked away not able to stare at her any longer.

"H-how are you?" Margaret asked. Grace can feel the uneasiness in her voice for the first time.

"I-i... W-wate-r" grace tried to speak but she realised how parched her throat was.

Margaret hurriedly hand her a glass of water which she gulped down in a few seconds.

Grace can still feel a little bit of pain while drinking the water.
"I am o-okay.." grace replied unsure if she's saying this to margaret or to herself.

Margaret nodded and asked her "do you want to eat first?"

Grace shook her head in no. She didn't have any appetite to eat anything. She was in dire need of a warm bath.

" I.. want to take a shower..." Grace said.
"Do you need any help?" She asked.

She nodded her head in no and went inside the bathroom not once glancing at the mirror as she knew she must be looking pathetic.

After the tub filled up with water she stripped out of her clothes and went inside the warm water. It instantly soothes her tensed muscles. She sighed and recalled the last night events.

She wondered if he came back after she fell asleep. She felt vulnerable at the thought of him being around her when she was asleep. He could have done anything in her sleep. She knew she was a heavy sleeper and again cursed at herself for being stupid.

She shook away the negative thoughts and got out of the shower after doing her business. She wiped the mist with her palm on the mirror. She stared at her face numbly.