Chapter 49

Grace woke up feeling sunrays lighting on her skin. She opened her eyes to find herself alone in the bed.

She recalled past night events. Her face became red in embarassment. "How can i do this?" She whispered to herself.

She remembered hugging him back tightly and leaning down on his chest. She blabbered out whatever she was thinking. She didn't push him away instead she let him comfort her. It felt nice though.

"How can i do this..? Was i under some drug influence!" She hid her face in her hands in embarassment of letting herself loose like this. How can she hug the person who was the reason behind her pain. But it felt good, too good, after a long time she had a sound sleep without any nightmare.

She felt safe and protected in his arms, she metled right into his hands last night. The same hand which he used to hit her, molest her or even worse, torturing her loved ones.

She felt angry at herself for finding comfort in his embrace but again, he was being so gentle to her. Af if he was a completely different person. His behaviour will never cease to amaze her.

She was thankful that he wasn't here now. She wasn't sure how is she going to face him. Right when she was thanking god that he wasn't here, she heard the door opened.

She quickly laid back hiding herself under the blanket and closing her eyes shut tightly, hoping he would leave.

She heard his footsteps approaching her. He stopped in front of the bed and then suddenly snatched the blanket away from her.

She yelped, but kept her eyes closed hiding her face with her palm. He smirked down at her.

"Trying to ignore me after taking advantage of me?" He whispered hoarsely in her ear in a teasing tone. Her face became more red if possible.

She didn't respond and kept her eyes shut hoping that he would leave her alone soon but he had another plan.

"Still not getting up"? He said and leaned closer to her. His breath hit the back of her neck making her breath hitch.

He kissed the tip of her ear and bit her earlobe lightly making her shiver. His finger trail down her legs and inched closer towards her thigh. Goosebumps appear on her skin when his hand made contact with her skin directly.

She decided to get up not being able to handle his teasing.

"I-i am up.. stop." She said putting her hand on his chest trying to create some distance between them.

"That's what i thought" he said smirking.

She got up to see herself in his large shirt which most likely has covered her small frame. Her hair was in braids, she wondered who did this.

"I braided your hair and i changed your clothes daily as well." Xavier replied without even having to ask.

She wondered how does he always seem to understand what she is thinking but then his last words struck her mind.

"W-what?" She nearly yelled.

Xavier raised his eyebrow in question.

"Y-you changed m-my clothes?" She asked again feeling embarassed and too vulnerable all of a sudden.

"So, what do you think i will let anyone else see what's mine? He stated in a tone as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. She looked away feeling too shy to even met his gaze.

"I know you like cleanliness around you so i just helped you while you were unconscious, nothing else." He said not wanting her to be concious or afraid of him. He was enjoying this side of hers. She's talking to him without stuttering or shaking for the first time in a while and he don't want his stupid self to ruin the moment.
"I should've just kept my mouth shut." He thought.